Faulty Home Button?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TouchyFish, Oct 27, 2007.

1. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

Hey guys,

I've been kinda floating around the forum for about a month now, and all the advice and things I've learned from you people has made my ipod experience a total dream. Until yesterday.

For some reason or another my home button has been failing to quit out of applications. I've been forced into sometimes pressing it up to 5 or 6 times to get an app to close or even hold it down for as long as 10 seconds. Also, the double tap to get the music controls up hasn't been working at all. I thought that maybe all the intense modding I had been doing could have screwed it up so I just restored it completely but I'm still having problems.

SO, has anybody else had any problems with a nonresponsive home button? Like I said, this just started happening and I'm wondering if I can fix it myself. Or would it be a smarter idea to just send the whole unit back to Apple? Any advice would be awesome, I'm kinda freakin out right now.

Thanks so much!
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

If you actually close out of an application it will take 5-10 seconds. Does it go to the home screen when you tap the home button?
  3. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

Not right away, like I have to press it several times.

Another thing I've noticed is that when it's asleep it doesnt always respond to the home button to wake it up. I'm starting to think it might be a hardware issue which would really suck as it's only about 3 or 4 weeks old.
  4. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yer just take it back to apple
  5. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

return it mate.
  6. RazerM

RazerM New Member

This definetely seems a hardware fault, I'm sure they'll give you a new one.
  7. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you hadn't restored then I would say a process is running in the background which is making your APPLICATIONS (and not the button) slow in responding but since you have restored it and still having the problem I suggest you return it.
  8. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

Well, for what ever reason, I'm pleased to say that the problem sort of resolved itself over night. It's still a little iffy at times but it's actually working most of the time now. Maybe I just got stuck with a moody button that has good days and bad days.

Thanks for the replies friends, I'm really glad I dont need to send it back.

Please Register or Log in to view images

(knocks on wood)
  9. desolat3

desolat3 Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    if ur home button is making a clicky noise when you click the button then its fine... if it lags (like u click it and then it just stays for a while then clicks), then the hole surrounding the button is jamming it inside. this happened once to one of the keys of my keyboard, i pushed it and it didnt come back out for like 2 min. =( lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

I suggest cleaning your ipods home button so it doesnt jam often
  10. chrischris292

chrischris292 New Member

are a lot of ipod touches like this?