FaUlTy hardware? :S

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by henryw6, Sep 2, 2008.

1. henryw6

henryw6 New Member

I have no where else to turn to, and seen as I asked for help here on my last issue, I thought it would be a good idea to take the same aproach.

My PC, I hand built it with my choice of components. I am running 64 bit version of Vista Business Edition. Not that this matters because I am 99% sure that I have a hardware problem.

My PC is fine at the mo, untill I switched it on the other day to find it runs as slow as Big Bens second hand. After about 20 mins of waiting for it to fully load up the OS and log in with every program, process and service running (in its default manner), I see some errors arise within Windows Vista, one of which that I can recall on being that I cannot connect to the internet. Another to do with some service that I didn't know upon till that day.

I am pretty sure these are not the causes, that they are just effects of the cause.

I first figured it must be the 2000 mb worth of ram I have. So I take them out switch round try them in different orders, but no result. The PC runs just as slow. O by the way, i'm not talking gamer standard slow or anything, I mean slow as in my first PC running 98 that was slow but ten times slower.

So not the ram, not the software, must be the Motherboard...?

But how can I be sure, if I claim a new one then send mine back and it isn't actually the problem they'll have me pay for it.

PLEASE HELP

Thankyou in advance.
  2. ubunix

ubunix Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Your in the sh*t
    Im sorry I cant help
  3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, there are a few things you can try. There may still be a software or memory problem.
    Hand built, did you install drivers that came on CD's with parts? If so i would recommend you find the latest drivers from the manufacturer. Get them and install them instead. This helped me a lot when i made my home built one.

Secondly even tho the memory works there may still be a problem. When i put mine together at first it worked fine. Then i started to put my games on and they would not work. Turned out that the memory voltage got changed on me. Look up the all the values your memory timers and voltages need to be set to. Then set them manually, no auto settings.

If all else fails look into some specific drivers. Your motherboards north or south bridge drivers. They may have gotten f***ed up and these are what helps your OS communicate to the Mother board to let it control whats plugged into it.

If none of that works let me know.
  4. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

A) Try loading Vista in Safe Mode (F8 while it boots up).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    B) Check your PM
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    C) If "A" fixes the problem then either download Kaspersky (you get a 30 day trial), and check for viruses. Also you cun boot into the Windows Live Cd and hit Fix
  5. henryw6

henryw6 New Member

I have already booted it into safe mode. I have also already done a full virus scan with Synatic Antivirus (full version).

And I have also booted the Install CD and pressed repair. Then I tried to do a system restore but there were no system restore points available.

Sorry I didn't mention these.
  6. henryw6

henryw6 New Member

I will get back to you all in a day or so, my dad is on the job.

But don't leave, I will properly still need your help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I thank you all again

7. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Simplest Solution: Stray away from Windows, especially Vista.
  8. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Put it into DFU mode and restore

It would be nice if PCs had that... would save a lot of time.