fatal error when compiling toolchain - win32 error 478

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by yellowacer, Sep 13, 2009.

1. yellowacer

yellowacer New Member

Hello All,

I have followed the instructions in the pdf that has been going around (eclipse-iphone-cdt.pdf). im now at the (hopefully) final step of compiling the toolchain (./make-toolchain), however after around 5 minutes of the compilation going on, i get the following error:

"4 [main] ? (32232) C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x6D0000, top 0x6E0000, reserve_size 61440, allocsize 65536, page_const 4096"

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Much thanks,
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

"pdf that has been going around (eclipse-iphone-cdt.pdf)" means nothing to any of us. Post a link to that pdf so we can look at it to see what the steps you are doing actually are.
  3. yellowacer

yellowacer New Member

this is the pdf http://www.maxhorvath.com/documents/programming_for_iphone_using_l/eclipse-iphone-cdt.pdf

unlike the tutorial however, im using the 3.0 firmware
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, there is a solution.

This error is caused by programs that somehow interfere with cygwin , such as antivirus. i couldnt find the guilty program, so i restarted windows in safe mode with command prompt, and did the compilation, this time this error didnt come up.

im getting now instead:

"make: *** [all] Error 2

This script requires that you enter the proper administrator password
    in order to install gcc-4.2-iphone in /usr/local

""; make install

Installation finished"

im googling it right now

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. devos50

devos50 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, im sorry for bumping this up, but I think it's better than making another thread

I've also been following that PDF and I want to create apps for the 3.0 firmware. Does this mean I have to download the .ipws that is described in the guide, or another .ipws? I have iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw on my ipod, but to decrypt it, I think I need another key or not? And if I use the guide, can I use my programs on the Ipod Touch? I've installed cygwin with the required packages.

thanks for the help