Faster text input for ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikaselm, Aug 24, 2009.

1. mikaselm

mikaselm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

I would love to have some sort of faster text input for taking notes in class with my ipod touch. Ideally, I would like a small folding keyboard that worked with itouch, but I've done a bit of research, and that doesn't seem to be feasible right now. Secondly, I would like an application that allows me to use handwritten input.

In a perfect world, I would like to be able to download my professor's incomplete notes (.doc) and fill them in, either with a handwritten filll in or with typed text.

I typically do very well with handwriting recognition programs, I seem to have just the handwriting that they want. Writepad works well for me, but there doesn't seem to be a way to download doc files into writepad.

I have done a bit of research and come up with an old app called hwpen, but none of the sources listed seem to be valid, so I've had no luck trying it. People say it sucks for recognition, but all of those sources are over a year old, and as previously stated, my handwriting works well with these things, so I'd like to at least give it a try.

My ipod is a 2nd gen touch, jailbroken.

Any suggestions for someone not wanting to haul a bunch of paper notebooks around to classes? I'm down to all ebooks, so I could go completly paper free if I could type faster on ipod.

Thank you guys so very much!!!!!
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    a folding keyboard would be awesome but it would probably need to be made by apple and integrated into a new firmware
  3. Elishallen

Elishallen New Member

4. mikaselm

mikaselm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a laptop and I type faster than I write

But I hate lugging the big bulky laptop around, and trying to find a place to plug in, the Ipod's just so much easier

Also, I wouldn't write with fingers. I love my pogo stylus

Surely someone somewhere still has that hwpen ipa, right? there's got to be a copy still somewhere
  5. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's an application on Cydia that let's you like drag your finger to type or somehong like that.

Some research should do it.
    Also, the iPod touch isn't really a good notetaking type of devce.

I reccomend a NetBook, they're mini and perfect for well... Taking notes
  6. mikaselm

mikaselm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ahhh, I'd love a netbook. Or a macbook air. I'm broke though. Those things take a while to save up for on a part time preschool teacher's salary.

I'd like to hope that in the time it would take me to save up for a new comp, I'll have graduated

Anyway, was the app you were talking about called shapewriter? I have seen (but not tested) that one. Or was it something else?

Thank you so very much!

Mika
  7. ICanHaziPod

ICanHaziPod New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think I know the application that iapplecentral was talking about. it's on the app store and it's called shapewriter. It works really well and has a free version. You should try it.
  8. DazedUp

DazedUp New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    lol well you use a stylus for one you won't be typing much faster with that, use your fingers on the ipod touch its alot easier and faster. or get something for taking notes like suggested above, i mean i know the ipod is great and everything but not for taking big full size notes of pages lol.