fast-forward/rewinding problem with videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Folkvir, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Folkvir

Folkvir New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    my problem is when I try to fast forward a video it fast forwards too fast when it should first play like 2x faster then get faster eventually while fast forwarding, mine skips like 5 sec every time, and when i try to rewind videos it does the same, rewinds too fast and then comes back to when you started rewinding (ex. rewinded for a bit at 1:43 to 1:33, after i release the rewind button it comes back to 1:43), at first I thought it was a firmware problem or something so I had a friend restore my ipod and jailbreak it again, though after he gave it to me, I plugged it to my comp and restored a previous backup w/ itunes, (bad move on my part i think).. so i was wondering if anyone knows what my problem is and if it could be fixed w/out having to restore my ipod touch again..
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That's just how the iPod touch is. That's how mine rewinds/fast forwards - should be normal.
  3. Folkvir

Folkvir New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it wasn't like that on mine though (was using 1.1.3 and rewind/ff were fine). Is it a bug on 2.2?
  4. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think so... I guess they changed something that messed it up in 2.x.
  5. LordEntropy

LordEntropy New Member

Does anyone know if this is fixed in 2.2.1?
  6. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Not fixed
  7. LordEntropy

LordEntropy New Member

Thanks for the response. This is a real pity as fundamentally video is what I use my Touch for and is one of the primary functions of the device. I watch maybe 10 hours + video a week on my touch as I travel to and from work so I am loath to hamstring this functionality by upgrading from 1.1.5.

It is a shame that Apple seem to have turned their back on this issue.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh well maybe one day.