FAQ about the program QuickFreedom for 2nd gen itouch jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by halolordkiller3, Mar 14, 2009.

1. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    [OFFICIAL]FAQ's about the program QuickFreedom for 2nd gen itouch jailbreak

Ok well not only on this site iv been seeing alot of im having problems with libusb, wont boot, boot logo, firmware etc. Well im here to help you all out the best i can with everything i know from testing the 2nd gen itouch jailbreak not only through tethered release and Untethered through command prompt on windows but also through these programs as well. So lets get started already!

Q. Is there anyway i can jailbreak with this program without loosing my things?
    A. Only if you did the tethered version or the semi tethered. u can do that through command prompt. Download this file and extract to desktop
    http://files.filefront.com/greengr4sszip/;13451554;/fileinfo.html
    here is the commands u press enter after each line
    FOR TETHERED PEOPLE ONLY
    Code:
    iRecovery -f ibss211.dfu

unplug, replug, white screen

iRecovery -s

/sendfile ibss_arm7_exploit.bin

arm7_go; arm7_stop

/sendfile illb_221_24kpwn.img3

bdev read nor0 0x18900 0x74f40 0x08000000

bdev write nor0 0x2c100 0x74f40 0x08000000

bdev write nor0 0x8000 0x24100 0x09000000

reboot

FOR SEMI-TETHERED PEOPLE ONLY
    Code:
    irecovery -f ibss221.dfu

unplug/replug (should have white screen)

iRecovery -s

/sendfile ibss_arm7_exploit.bin

arm7_go

arm7_stop

/sendfile illb_221_24kpwn.img3

bdev read nor0 0x42214 0x90000 0x08000000

bdev write nor0 0x18914 0x90000 0x08000000

bdev read nor0 0x18900 0x90000 0x08000000

bdev write nor0 0x2c100 0x90000 0x08000000

bdev write nor0 0x8000 0x24100 0x09000000

reboot

Q. When i install libusb on my computer none of my usb ports work!
    A. Well 1 this should only happen on a vista computer. For 32-bit users, download the file separate like i originally did from here.
    http://files.filefront.com/libusb+for+vistarar/;13456303;/fileinfo.html
    Now if correct i made this file all setup already, but double check first, right click on the install and hit properties then go to compatibility and hit run this as xp service pack 2. also run this as admin.
    For 64-bit users go here
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1306125

Q. I chose a custom boot logo but it does not show on ipod....

Please Register or Log in to view images

A. This can be for many reasons. 1 is it must be a .png file. if you have a pic on ur computer that u want to use and its not a .png simply open it on paint and save as a .png. 2 your picture is over 100KB in size and over 320 x 480 in size. 3 you never set a transparency on the picture. In order to do this download this program
    http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/3000-2192_4-10021962.html?part=dl-IrfanView&subj=dl&tag=button&cdlPid=10993915
    Open your picture in that program and hit file then save(original) and then select where the transparency will go.

Q. I jailbroke it but it doesnt reboot for some reason!
    A. Now this did happen to my friend, we tried everything and i found a solution to this. First just put the normal firmware on there. now we tried the command line and that didnt work for his itouch(it did for mine idk y) so we used this program "quickfreedom" and walla, it works perfectly. Personally im not exactly sure why this happens, my best guess is that there was something wrong with the custom firmware or the original again im not sure im guessing.

Q. In the program "QuickFreedom" there is an option to install "installer", what is that?
    A. Installer is pretty much like cydia, a package downloader for themes, utilities games, etc. You can put it on your ipod idc its not mine, but "QuickFreedom" comes with cydia so up to you.

Q. When i do the restore with my custom Firmware it gives me an error message like "6604" or "1304" or "1604". What does this mean and how do i fix this?
    A. Ok well form my understanding im not EXACTLY sure what the error codes specifically stand for but my best guess is that itunes is saying its taking to long to respond and crashes and pop there goes the error. To fix this iv tested personally, keep doing shift + restore over again like maybe up to 5 times. if still error then unplug ipod, then replug and put it into dfu mode and put original firmware back on there and re do quick freedom.

If you have any other questions about this please let me know and i will not only answer your question whether its privately or publicly, but i will post it in this forum. I Hope this will hep some of you guys out. Enjoy!

also if a moderator or admin can change the title to "[OFFICIAL]FAQ's about the program QuickFreedom for 2nd gen itouch jailbreak" that would be great!
  2. ipodtouchh2g

ipodtouchh2g New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so for the keep all settings [tethered]
    ALL we have to do is open cmd and type those lines word for word? Nothing else no downloading no program or anything?
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    run rs is not the same as semi tethered
  4. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So then if I want to put it into my NOR flash ipsw, I just rename the extension to img3, right?
  5. gconrad23

gconrad23 New Member

How do I get jailbreak?
  6. halolordkiller3

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    no im srry i forgot to add a link, i added it now thank you for catching that.

yes srry didnt c that mis type thanks

do u mean wat is it and how do i do it?
  7. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download QuickPwn and you'll be jailbroken in 5 mins
  8. ipodtouchh2g

ipodtouchh2g New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so when i type in the first line and click enter it says my ipod cannot be found? I unplug, plug back in and theres no white screen. I would appreciate the help
  9. halolordkiller3

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well 1 ur ipodtouch has to be in dfu mode, 2nd did u install libusb? if not u must do that
  10. ipodtouchh2g

ipodtouchh2g New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh yeah dfu lol i forgot that THANKS