False installer update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Mar 22, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, when I try to refresh my sources in the installer, after taking a ridiculous amount of time, it says that there is an installer update. Ok press ok to update but the download always fails. Then when I go to the update menu to see if it is listed there. However, it says that the update is for 3.0. I think that I am currently on 3.01. Then when I go to download some other application, after its done, it says that the installer was updated and it must be restarted. It then immediately proceeds to do so. When I restart the installer, nothing is different. If I refresh again, the process repeats itself.

This brings up another question: when will a real installer update be available? There are so many things that need to be resolved such as the refresh hanging up when the server doesnt respond.
  2. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, also the fact that if the owner of an application releases an update and you don't install it. Then releases another update, you can't just install the new update because it'll say "Update: and it'll be the older version

Please Register or Log in to view images

. So you're stuck because when you update one, it says update the other, and vice versa. This needs to be fixed because it's super annoying.