Fallout 3 Vs. Oblivion: Elder Scrolls

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by DarthVader1432, Jun 23, 2009.

?

Which do you like more?

1. Oblivion: Elder Scrolls

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Fallout 3

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  1. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well I'm just curious too see which ppl liked more.

I played and modded the hell out of oblivion, It was one of my favorite games EVER. (probably going to reinstall it on my comp tommoroow

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

A few days ago I installed Fallout 3 onto my computer. I have been playing it a lot over the past couple of days but I can't seem to get into it as much...Idk why.....

Here are where I think oblivion is better

Environment is better in oblivion. I mean the wasteland is nice but I like looking at the beautiful mountains and trees and lakes in Oblivion more (especially with enhancer mods)

Gameplay. I like the melee weapons in Oblivion more than I like guns in fallout 3.... Just seemed more challenging. With guns I have maxed out my small guns and get headshots on everything...kinda boring..

The npc in oblivion seemed to have more of a personality...and the quests seemed more in depth. I liked doing quests in oblivion more then in fallout 3....especially the dark brotherhood

Oblivion you can play much longer and fallout 3 end(unless you get expansion)

so which one do you like more?
  2. pieman

pieman Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It would be a toss up for me depending on what i would want to do.

hmm would i like to blow up super mutants with a fat man or brawl my way through the fighters guild(i think that's what its called haven't played it in ages.)

but....the expansions really give the edge to fallout considering without it i'd prolly vote for oblivion.
  3. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hmm after you beat the main quest, can you go back and finish the side quests IF you get the expansions?
  4. pieman

pieman Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ya with the broken steel expansion u can go in and shut down the purifier and instead of dying u just wake up two weeks later in the citadel

that is the only expansion i currently have....i buy everything when its on sale..im so cheap :|
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I bought them both for PS3, since I don't have a computer that can run the game as well as my PS3.
    Even if they had all of the expansions for PS3, I probably wouldn't like Fallout more than Oblivion, since I started to hate looking at ruins, wastelands and big mutants. Plus, VATS makes the games wayyyyyyyyy too easy.

Oblivion has more things to do, better weapons, better/longer quests, lakes, mountains, etc.
    Guns, excluding the Fat Man, just aren't as fun as using Magic and Swords to totally annihilate a village.
  6. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Oblivion by far. There's more depth, it's easier to play, and the in-game universe/canon is more interesting IMO.
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Fallout 3. The nuclear and apocalyptic theme is better IMO. Plus, who doesn't like blowing off super mutant heads!
  8. Led

Led Banned

I played Fallout 3 first and just got Oblivion + the expansion packs off steam about a week ago. Oblivion hasn't drawn me into the game as much as Fallout 3 has. From what i can tell they're both great games, but completely different. So basically i can't give you a straight answer, but Fallout 3 is one of the greatest games i've ever played. Now lets just see if Oblivion can match that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well you see, that's the complete opposite for me lol, I think t was because I played oblivion before I played fallout 3 and you played fallout 3 before oblivion.

If I beat fallout 3 without getting the expansion, then I get the expansion and install it. what happens? Do i load my last save and beat the game again or what?

dangit all this talk is making want to install oblivion on my comuter again and make a brand new wizard character (only class i haven't really gotten into) liol i had pwnage stealth person and pwnage knight person.

I'm afraid to mod though because I got corrupt files last time i modded and I don't want that to happen again
  10. Led

Led Banned

Quick Oblivion question: Can you get a house where you can ditch your stuff and sleep like you can in fallout 3?