Fake connect to iTunes? PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IceRayn, May 16, 2009.

1. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'd really appreciate a quick solution to this.

I have a big problem with my Untethered Jailbroken iPod Touch 2G. (I used QuickFreedom) When I boot my iPod it shows the Connect to iTunes thing, but I don't think it's real. I can take screenshots, and when I press and hold sleep, it shows the top bar with my changed iPod thing, and the slider in Slide to Power off is custom. I think this happened when I installed X11. I had installed it earlier in the day, then was siting at Azteca with their network, in Cydia, installing something I don't remember, and as soon as a hit confirm, my iPod flashed white then restarted to show Connect to iTunes. I think that it is the fault of X11, but when I SSH'd in, and hit apt-get remove x11, it removed it but didn't help.

I think that X11 overwrote SpringBoard because my SpringBoard extensions don't work, such as QuickGold, which I just removed ads from using this site: http://jailbreakableipodz.webs.com/downloads.htm

So that might be the cause, but my Dock, my SBSettings, and more don't work.

Would this be possible that it's fake?

Thank you,
    IceRayn
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried to enter DFU mode and restore. If it's overwritten your SpringBoard.app i don't think theres much you can do.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This issue happens occasionally. I've had it happen twice, once after snes4iphone crashed, while jailbroken, and recently with 3.0. Rebooting my computer with it plugged in kicked it out. You could extract a firmware and SSH springboard.app into /Applications.
  4. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, this is odd. Literally instantly after I plugged it in, it worked, but in safe mode. If anyone else has this problem, use SSH and type apt-get remove x11, then plug in, then restart SB. This does pose kind of a security problem as when I plugged it in, it went to SpringBoard! No lock screen or passcode at all!
  5. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh no. At least it's working, no? So, why complain? If someone could get into your iPod, install X11, crash the Springboard, SSH into it, know how to do that, and then plug it in, and restart SB, then I think that it's not the device's security problem, it's yours for letting someone have your device long enough to do ALL of that.
  6. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I forgot to mention after I restarted SB once again it is now working perfect. On a side note, you said "I think that it's not the device's security problem, it's yours for letting someone have your device long enough to do ALL of that." Well, say some important info was stored on a government offical's iPod/iPhone, and someone was VERY desperate. Of course they would have to be jailbroken, but it's the principal of the thing.