iOS 4.1 Fake carrier.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by OnlyAn8, Oct 22, 2010.

1. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I downloaded fake carrier on Cydia, used it, changed my carrier and changed the time to something else. I decided it was cool but didn't wanna keep it, so I deleted it, and it kept my ipod the way it was before after uninstalling and respringing. Do I have to resinstall, somehow reset it to the original carrier and time, and then uninstall?
  2. NightRocker

NightRocker Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    if you mean that the modified carrier was still there after uninstalling, then yes, reinstall and reset. but if you mean that the carrier was back to the original after uninstalling, then no
  3. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sorry, I meant that it was still the modified way that I made it with fake carrier, after I uninstalled fake carrier. I reinstalled, put the time back to the actual time, and I actually just deleted the "iPod" that comes on the bar from the factory so I can just have the wifi signal. I like it like that better. Thanks.

Its just weird because you'd think that after uninstalling the program, it would return the ipod to how it was before, and not let me keep the modified carrier name afterward.
  4. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually, the fake carrier and battery percentage and fake time are all native to the iPod (included in Apple's stock software), just difficult to access.

That's why you can restore from a jailbroken backup and it will retain those features.
  5. NightRocker

Device:
    Nexus 4
    lol i just installed it. i changed my carrier. if i wanna change it back i just write iPod in the text place?
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea that will work
  7. mrez

mrez Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    or you can leave the field empty and respring
  8. NightRocker

Device:
    Nexus 4
    aw thanks. and youre sure this will reset it. right?
  9. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ya I left my carrier empty. Looks way better without the "iPod" I dunno I was just concerned. Even though its already jailbroken I wanted to make sure I wasn't messing anything up after uninstalling fake carrier and having it stay the way it was when it was installed. Appreciate the feedback.