Failure of restoring iPod Touch factory settings

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thachngo, Aug 9, 2008.

1. thachngo

thachngo New Member

I have a new iPod Touch and just installed iTunes on my PC (Windows XP SP2). iTunes found that my iPod in recovery mode and ask for restoring. But iTunes cannot contact to Ipod software update server. I already followed instruction in Apple Support (article TS1814: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1814). It help iTunes contacted to update server once time but failure of dowloading (40% finished). Now iTunes still not contact to update server. It took more than 1 day for restoring and I am impatient for this work. Anybody can show me how to restore iPod Touch with no using of iTunes?
  2. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

I'm not sure if its possible to restore the iPod touch without iTunes... I mean there is always ZiPhone and ( I'm not sure if its right, because I never have used it ) iLiberty +, but those are both for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 and you do not want that. If the server is down then you will most likely just have to wait. I'm definitely not 100% sure though, so wait for another response just to make sure your not sitting there for hours trying to just restore your iPod.
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If you have downloaded the firmware before, or have a different firmware, it should be in your firmware's folder. Option click/control click the "restore" button and select the firmware.
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

I believe ZiPhone might restore it, but I'll have to check