failed to reboot post jailbreak

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by lesknwing, Jan 21, 2010.

1. lesknwing

lesknwing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I very recently acquired a new ipod touch (3g). Yesterday a friend attempted to jail break it (3 times!). It was always successful until a newly downloaded application would require the touch to reboot. As soon I did reboot the screen shows a usb connecting to itunes, so I would do just that.. only for itunes to completely restore my ipod to fresh out of factory apps only (not jailbroken)!

where did I fail?

Please Register or Log in to view images

thank you!
  2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    3G are tethered meaning everytime u reboot it will give u 'Connect to iTunes' screen. just connect it to ur PC, close iTunes, open blackra1n n now click 'Make it ra1n'. BlacKra1n will make it boot past the restore screen. This is required everytime u reboot. AppStore apps don't really need reboot, a respring is good enough for most cases. Just download SBSettings from Cydia n respring where u need to reboot. But some Cydia apps need Reboot, Cydia will tell u that.
  3. lesknwing

lesknwing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    great! thank you I will try that later today and let it be known if it worked or if I managed to fail again

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just run Blackra1n when it shows that screen. You have to run Blackra1n to boot up your iPod because it is tethered.
  5. lesknwing

lesknwing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it worked! thanks again... I'm not sure if it was worth the jailbreak yet. Having to reboot with blackra1n all the time is a bit annoying.

any jailbreaked itouch 3g starter tips?!
    recommended apps? I'm leaning more towards the practical. I have winterboard...