FAIL to enter DFU mode...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by terror110987, Jul 26, 2008.

1. terror110987

terror110987 New Member

[I use an ipod Touch]

As the title states, I have failed to enter DFU mode, despite multiple attempts at doing so. I pushed down both the power and the home button for ten seconds (I hear a beep from iTunes), after which, I let go of the power button, holding down the home button for yet another ten seconds(Hearing a second beep, iTunes begins detecting iPod or something..).

However, after about another 3 seconds, my the screen on my iPod turns white (blaaaaaaannnnnk), and the apple logo appends itself to a newly painted black screen. Soon afterwards, the connect to iTunes icon appears.

I have looked around.. for quite a while. I know that I'm NOT in DFU mode, but rather in Restore mode.

I have also tried using iLiberty to force my iPod into DFU mode while still in Restore mode.

-Any suggestions? :[
  2. Nopper

Nopper New Member

i experienced the same. still i dont know ho to fix it but i know that this is an issue of itunes 7.7. cause it worked for me with 7.5
  3. ilikeipod

ilikeipod New Member

did you use a stopwatch or normal watch to make sure you get exactly 10 seconds?
    because otherwise it won't work!
  4. master221

master221 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this is what I did. I turned on my ipod and held on both the power and home button. when it turns off I let go of the power button and wait until itunes recognizes it
  5. terror110987

terror110987 New Member

Thanks for the quit reply =]

But I'm positive I timed correctly. I have this like.. hella loud clock that I used to time: I also used a youtube video by SPstudios07, but my iPod still refused to be put into DFU mode >:[

Luckily, my iPod, after getting a red screen restore mode and through like 7 restore attempts, still is in 1.1.4 with all my previous applications =]. Thank you iLiberty....

If this still doesn't work... the next WinPwn is supposed to have a err DFU wizard?

Any suggestions?
  6. shortone2

shortone2 New Member

i can't understand that. r u sure u did turn off the device before starting to get it in DFU mode? try another itunes/pc, u'll see this WILL work. it have to.

what about a second admin-account, new install itunes or try another itunes version. i've had alot problems with my ipod since i havw him ;-) always one of this was a solution.

but it takes time :-(

good luck
  7. BiJay

BiJay Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I always switch my iPod to DFU mode without iTunes. You should try that and then go to iTunes afterwards.
  8. terror110987

terror110987 New Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll try it all. Also, do I have to restore before I put it into DFU mode? From what I've heard, I don't think you HAVE to...
  9. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

No, you dont have to restore.
  10. terror110987

terror110987 New Member

I used iLiberty to force my iPod into DFU mode... HOWEVER, my iTunes gets stuck saying "Waiting for iPod..." Then it says it an iPod has been connected, but it cannot be identified...

What should I do? T-T