Faded status bar. Why?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Jpoky, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Jpoky

Jpoky New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can't figure out what made my black status bar faded. It's more difficult to read the way it is now. I've searched other threads, and tried the "status bar mode" tweak in the plist files, but that didn't work because even when I set the status bar to be always black, it was still faded.
    I've tried disabling all winterboard themes, and it's still faded. When mobilesubstrate goes into safe mode, then it shows up regular.
    Screenshot attached.
    Any clues?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    The default background is white. The springboard background is black. Black + black = black. Black + white = grey... Hope this helps...
  3. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

Yea i have the same problem with the app photos ??

I think its normal for that app??:S
  4. Jpoky

Jpoky New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I already know it's a problem with transparency. Obviously the black status bar is transparent instead of being opaque. The question is, how to make it opaque again?

For me it happens in every app that has a black status bar (white status bar is fine).
  5. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It was never opaque to begin with. You can't change the status bar for the photos app, this is because the background is already white. If you want a black status bar for the rest of the applications, create a black wallpaper, use it, and turn on "User Wallpaper" in WinterBoard. This should fix it right up.
  6. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Yea its totally normal.
  7. Jpoky

Jpoky New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the responses, but you guys are obviously not understanding the problem.
    Anyway, I did some more experiments today, and found out that the solid black status bar returns to normal (i.e. not 50% faded) only when I disable the winterboard mobilesubstrate addon. The problem is not fixed after turning off all winterboard themes and mods, but only when disabling winterboard.
    Anyone have any advice? Maybe it's a winterboard glitch?
    Thanks