[FACT] All PCs are overpriced.

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by SkaterGOD/DOOD23, Aug 22, 2008.

1. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    All Personal Computers are overpriced, some more than others, but they ALL are. Get over it if you don't think so.

Go online, search for the parts (processor, motherboard, RAM, casing, etc.) that make up your computer, total it up and compare. Then live with it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Probably so, but Apples are twice the price.
  3. RRRRRRROBOTNIK

RRRRRRROBOTNIK New Member

Yeah, but Macs are way more so.

[FACT] Mac and PC fan boys should shut up about who's computer is better.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

Your mom's twice the price... OHHH SNAPP!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Seriously though, I agree with you 100 percent. Most Personal Computer's are overpriced, but Apple just puts the price's WAAAAAAAY too high.
  5. meloyo

meloyo Member

oo well then we got 2 year olds in the forum
  6. Frenzy501

Frenzy501 New Member

Yes, this is a fact because of MARKUPS. Markups are price raises in products that companies perform because they know that the public is underinformed. I Make all my PC's custom built for the reason of that when you buy direct from a manufacturer they rarely markup and when they do its small(under 15%). You cannot say Apple is marking up thier products because apple is making All-In-One iMacs. as you know, laptops cost more for the same performance a PC has. this is because they require smaller parts with a huge kick that costs alot more than a big part. the same goes for All-In-Ones. Not to mention that an iMac comes with a moniter, something PCs usually have you buy seperatly. Aditionally, Macs use premium materials to make them look snazy and last long. You all should know this crap and stop argueing about if the PC or the Mac is better. They each have a specific purpose made for a specific group of people, with PC's having the bigger slice of pie.
  7. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    again , your getting for what your paying for.
    Getting an Apple Computer will increase your chances of asking for support.
    as in Window Computers , you may not even receive support on your system .
    Instead they will ask you to call your manufactuer
  8. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Again, all pre-made computers are rip offs, no matter whether they're Apple, Dell, Toshiba, Acer, IBM etc.
  9. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Agreed. But a lot of consumers dont want to take the time to figure things out and buy the parts piece by piece .
  10. happyme

happyme New Member

Yes, this is a fact because of MARKUPS. Markups are price raises in products that companies perform because they know that the public is underinformed. I Make all my PC's custom built for the reason of that when you buy direct from a manufacturer they rarely markup and when they do its small(under 15%). You cannot say Apple is marking up thier products because apple is making All-In-One iMacs. as you know, laptops cost more for the same performance a PC has. this is because they require smaller parts with a huge kick that costs alot more than a big part. the same goes for All-In-Ones. Not to mention that an iMac comes with a moniter, something PCs usually have you buy seperatly. Aditionally, Macs use premium materials to make them look snazy and last long. You all should know this crap and stop argueing about if the PC or the Mac is better. They each have a specific purpose made for a specific group of people, with PC's having the bigger slice of pie.

1. An HP TouchSmart All-in-One costs less than an iMac while incorporating more features. Also, most PC bundles do include a screen. Finally, I wouldn't WANT to pay money for the sh*tty, buggy screen I got with my iMac (which made me go buy a 23" ACD totalling my purchase price to over $2500)

2. "again , your getting for what your paying for.
    Getting an Apple Computer will increase your chances of asking for support.
    as in Window Computers , you may not even receive support on your system .
    Instead they will ask you to call your manufactuer"

This is because the manufacturer buys an OEM license of Windows which cuts down costs but does not earn technical support from Microsoft. By buying the OEM license Microsoft considers the lincensee adept enough to service his own computer. Also, when you buy a Mac and you call Apple for technical support, you ARE contacting the manufacturer.

EDIT:

To those who think I am pro-Windows:

I have a Macbook Pro, Mac Pro, and an iMac in my house - triple the number of dedicated Windows systems. However, I despise the false advertising spread by Apple and their zombie fanboys who claim that their product is more reliable and less virus free without knowing the facts. Case in point: OSX uses older versions of open source UNIX projects which have DOCUMENTED SECURITY FLAWS that have been patched in later versions. Reliability? Tell my sister (whose Macbook had cracks), my Calculus teacher (whose iPhone 3G had cracks), my dad (whose MBP had almost every part replaced), or I (who got 4 crap iMacs before getting one with limited screen problems) that.