FaceTime between iPhone to Android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jesse402, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Jesse402

Jesse402 Active Member

(Sorry for the typo in the thread title. It should read "FaceTime between iPhone AND Android")

That's right, now there's an app that works over WiFi OR 3G that lets you do a FaceTime-like video chat between iPhones with the app and Android devices with the app. The app in question is Tango Video Calls and you can get it for free right now in the App Store!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tango-video-calls/id372513032?mt
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Given jobs said face time will be an open indrestery standard, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an official android support.
  3. Jesse402

Jesse402 Active Member

Of course, but as of now, this is a pretty nifty thing to have to video chat between rival devices. =P
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wait; no. That doesn't make sense. APPLE isn't going to put an official app on a rival phone. That's nonsense.
  4. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Nonsence for apple to allow windows to run on Mac via bootcamp? Nonsence for Microsoft to make iPhone apps? Nonsense for google to make products for iOS, even though they are rivals.

Anything is possible.
  5. dreamstah

dreamstah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well you can use fring to video chat between devices, ive done it before with a friend who has an evo ...
  6. ipod touch luva

ipod touch luva Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    How did that work out? I tried it and it was horrible. I wasn't on my wifi connection and they don't have wifi.
  7. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Fring is alright....
  8. Jesse402

Jesse402 Active Member

You gave no example of Apple making something like an app for a different device. Microsoft isn't Apple. Google isn't Apple. I was referring to the nature of Apple we all see. FaceTime originated on the iPhone, and it will stay on Apple mobile devices, with a possible exception of a possible desktop client for OS X and Windows. I seriously doubt that they would make an app for the Android phones. It seems to go against what their goal is.
  9. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Is it open now? I had the impression that it was going to be open at a later point in time.
  10. marysee

marysee New Member

Hello,
    A major addition to the iPhone 4 is the FaceTime video-calling app. For now, however, it only works between two iPhone 4 users and only over Wi-Fi. Now, iPhone 4 users who download the free Fring app will be able to activate video calling with non-iPhone 4 users on a 3G network, according to Fring.you can also get Quiz and famous quotes for your iphones. you can browse so many apps and make your phone stylish.

free software
    download software
    free download