Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Facebook Notification Sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by janagru, Nov 26, 2011.

1. janagru

janagru New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I searched, and couldn't find it...but is there any way to change my Facebook notification sounds on my iPhone 4S? I want my text messages to be the Tri Tone Sound, and Facebook to be something else, but they are both the same now, and I don't know until I look which one it is.

Thanks in advance! :)
  2. Apple951

Apple951 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Can't change it, I've tried :(
  3. qwasedral

qwasedral Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There might be a jailbreak tweak, but seeing as the 4S can't be jailbroken, you're out of luck.
  4. chickenmatt5

chickenmatt5 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I bet it's just sitting somewhere in the app files. You could use iExplorer to look and replace it.
  5. darksn0w

darksn0w Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can replace sounds. You need to edit the Facebook IPA file (This is your app in iTunes)

*Backup your IPA before proceeding*

Here is how its done:

1. Open the Facebook IPA with 7-Zip (Recommended) or a zip program.
    2. When opened with a zip program, go to: Payload > Facebook.app > Chord.wav (I believe this is the notification sound) and replace with whatever sound you want and rename it to Chord. Replace, move to the Applications folder where all of your other apps are and sync. See if it works. If it does, yay! :D
  6. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

I just went through that, and chord.wav is the Facebook Messenger sound (When you get a new message). I can't seem to find the tri-tone file that plays when you get notifications though.
  7. swizzle23

swizzle23 New Member

Apparently Facebook uses the Voicemail sound. I don't have an account so I can't test it myself but I'll try it later on my gf's iPhone.

1) Take whatever sound you want to be the Facebook sound and convert it to .aif or .aiff. If you need software to do this Audacity is free in Windows and works great. Once you have it you'll need to rename it to:

Voicemail.caf

The name is important, make sure the V is capital and the extension is changed from .aif/.aiff to .caf

2) Use iFunBox or any similar software to copy the .caf file you created in step 1 to the following directory on the iPhone:

/System/Library/Audio/UISounds

The original Voicemail sound will already be in that folder by the same name, rename that one to Voicemail.old first if you want to save it and be able to easily go back later. Then copy your new Voicemail.caf into the folder.
  8. sabi

sabi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try to use PushTone from cydia..