facebook app not posting my status updates

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by azntiger1000, Sep 4, 2010.

1. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey everyone...

every time I use the facebook app on my iphone it doesn't appear on the mini feed but it appears on my wall. so when i post something up nobody knew what i wrote unless they go to my wall. do yo you guys know whats up?

i think there might be some kind of privacy setting issue but idk where to look for? anyone that could help me would greatly help me! Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    When you hit the area to update your status, you'll see a lock icon in the lower right hand corner (right above the keyboard). Click it and select what privacy settings you want to set. Also refresh your news feed after posting to see if it worked.
  3. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I tried that but seems like it is still the same. I can't seem to see my status or anything on the mini feed. It will only show on my wall. I'm wondering where is the privacy setting for the facebook app to facebook.com connection. I think it might be set to high that it blocks out everything.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I fixed the problem! It seems like it was a facebook problem and here is a fix on how to do it just in case for future reference.

1. Delete the app on your facebook
    2. Delete the app from your app settings page.
    3. Install the app on iphone and login.
    4. Refresh the app settings in your browser and do like Michael said.
    just click and wait on each of the 3 options. Then click them all back on. Dont save or click the ok until you have clicked them all on and then off.
    5. YOu can see a loader on each click in bottom left of that popup window.