Face time Network Error

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zigg47, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ive already seen a thread about this but I didnt find the answer so I figured I'd post a new thread. I purchased the 8gb model of the new ipod touch 4G today and I am loving it. The one problem I am having is when I press the face time app it asks me for my apple id. I typed my apple Id in and then I get the error:

"FaceTime Activation"

Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again.

Ive double checked that im putting the correct email and password in a million times and Ive checked my router and it works fine as well for purchasing apps and such. So if anyone has any idea why im getting this error, please enlighten me.
  2. billlneary

billlneary New Member

I'm having the EXACT same problem. Apple customer support told me to restore the ipod, which I did. It did NOT help.
  3. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had the same problem after accidentally signing out. I rebooted and then it worked.
  4. billlneary

billlneary New Member

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

ipod touch 4g face time network error

about the network error thing issue, i kept reading and i found that someone with the same problem posted that he changed de DNS numbers of his ipod to 8.8.8.8 and worked, so i did he same, and guess what, it worked! just wo to settings, network and there modify the DNS settings of you WiFi internet connection, and try signin in again, hope it work for you the same way it worked for me.

good luck....
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

same problem here

I am also facing the same problem in facetime activation, tried to create new Id also, still same error. Able to access everything like appstore, itunes with the same id, but facetime activation gives network error. Anybody solved this issue, pls post ur fix
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

8.8.8.8 didn't work???
  8. Kaptinbwire

Kaptinbwire New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Make sure Router is broadcasting the SSID
    The router is connected direct to your modem (no routers on routers to modem)
    Try to disable router security WEP or WPA-PSK
    Power down Router / Modem
    Boot Modem when you have all your lights on boot your Router
    Now try to connect with your iPod Touch
    If this works enable Router Security by MAC id of wireless devices-see router manual easier than it sounds.

Here is help on the Apple site http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4245
    to run WEP or WPA-PSK and open up ports..

If you are still having problems use the RESET you router back to factory setting and try the above again.
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It worked!

Could not get face time to work for days kept getting "network" error as everybody else, but thanks to I made my DNS 8.8.8.8 and it worked right away!!!
    Who ever posted to change the DNS, thank you so much!!!
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

where is the dns settings?
    thanks