Extremely Weird Ipod Photo App Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Laser, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Laser

Laser New Member

Hey, I am a bit new here, but i think i understand the concept and how to do all this.
    One thing I am unable to figure out is why I cant upload any pictures to my iPod. Maybe I am not doing it correctly. I set up iTunes to automatically sync Photos to my iPod. It uploaded all the pictures, but when i went to view them in the photo app, it said none existed. I tried copying the pictures to the DCIM directory in ftp, but that didnt work also.
    Any suggestions?
  2. God__

God__ New Member

Putting the pictures into the DCIM directory is wrong. That won't work at all. The pictures are stored in a Database in ~/Media/Photos

To add the pictures to your iPod, you'll need to tap the Photos Tab in iTunes and select the folders that you want to be synced with the iPod.
  3. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the DCIM folder is for the Camera app only, not the Photos app. Photo's go in var/root/Media/Photos. although it wont do you any good seeing you need to have itunes "optimize" them. first, make sure you have enough room for all the photos you're transferring. if you dont have enough room on your ipod for ALL the photos, it wont copy them. (it wont just copy as many as it can until your ipod is full and then leave the rest, it just wont copy any of them), if thats all good, try a different, smaller folder of pictures you have. if it still doesnt work, make sure the photos you're trying to upload are JPEG format. (if im not mistaken, i believe thats the only format that itunes will work with)