Extremely unique problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Yakovlev, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Yakovlev

Yakovlev Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well one day I come home and open installer, but then it crashes. It does this a couple of times and I figure I'll just reboot to fix the problem, but when its done and back to the home screen I go to open dock, but I can't open it!? So I try to open another app, I can open it but after it opens I can't touch anything else?!? The wierdest thing is when I push the sleep/wake button the screens backlight goes off, and everything but the background and the slide to unlock bar is still there!!! I can't slide it though. The time and everything else comes back on when I push the button again. So I go back to springboard and I open an apps but still can't do anything after that. I rebooted like a hundred times but it won't go away. Right now dock is gone and I dare not reboot or Ill have to do it like ten more times to get to the point were I can open the apps and use them. Any help guys, its much appreciated.

(And no I can't restore and rejb because my computer broke and all my music and muvies are stored on my ipot.)
  2. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Nothing personal but retard.
    Its a relatively common problem.
    Search "Dock screws" the thread i made read it.
    Hope that help.
    On ipod touch cant give u a link.
  3. jwipodtouch

jwipodtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is actually pretty easy to fix. All you have to do is do a hard restart (hold sleep/wake and home button). This will restart your ipod. Keep on doing this until you can go into apps and scroll. ( this may take three or four times) After this works go into installer and install Restart, Kill Board, or any other app of that sort. If this ever happens again just press the icon. This will respring your ipod and everything will work. Most likely, it worked for me.
  4. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Trust me it doesnt work, my way works.
  5. jwipodtouch

jwipodtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Since when is it not personal to call someone retard?
  6. jwipodtouch

jwipodtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ummm.... I had the same exact problem and it worked for me.
  7. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

@Ussr i called u retard because, u are so damn certain that this is a unique problem, as u put it an extremely unique problem, that is un-educated to assume so. This was not ment to offend u but rather my way of saying the above. BTW way did u try my probven methods

@Jew It's based on luck hard reboots only rarely work, believe i restored like 20 times (literally) because of this so i know what works now
  8. Yakovlev

Yakovlev Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm about to try ur method now and appology accepted.
  9. jwipodtouch

jwipodtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

did you call me a jew?
  10. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I had a similar problem on 1.1.4 ZiPhone jailbreak, no app's worked, except the slider, sleep and everything was in tact, pocket touch's shaker did not work either though. A restarted it worked. Happens again a couple days later, after 3 restarts it worked.

Please Register or Log in to view images