Extremely slow iTunes sync after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Tr0ll, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Tr0ll

Tr0ll New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I successfully jailbroke using the veryniceipod jailbreak guide, but now when I try and sync any apps or music from itunes it is extremely slow, especially when installing anything big like Cube.
    In fact, after installing a few small apps itunes seems to give up altogether and the progress bar doesn't move at all. It's taking about a minute for each song to install!
    Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
  2. luisr2003

luisr2003 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It doesn't happen to me. Syncing apps lasted like 10min but my music was really fast.
    Idk why do you have this problem.. Did you restore your settings with itunes after the jailbreak??
  3. Tr0ll

Tr0ll New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ahh, I just restarted my computer and it's much faster. Still seems a little on the slow side, but it's not really a problem now, I'm probably just imagining it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Actually, it sill isn't up to speed. It's taking about 3-5 seconds a song, where as usually it jumps by about 5 songs a second.
  4. grandpayum

grandpayum New Member

mine was weird for a bit, when i connected it to my macbook the ipod would act like it was syncing normally, but itunes would just beachball until i cancelled the sync via the ipod and unplugged it. finally i just let it sit on the beachball for awhile and now its syncing like normal (knock on wood)
  5. Tr0ll

Tr0ll New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Interesting, mine did the beachball thing as well but after I let it sit it just returned to a slower speed. It's taken about an hour and a half to sync about 1100 songs...
  6. JoeWL

JoeWL New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm the same - apps seemed okay but music is taking agges.