Extremely Hot iPhone 3G!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IpodtouchMM, Aug 3, 2009.

1. IpodtouchMM

IpodtouchMM New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    so i've had this issue for sometime now...my iPhone 3g has been extremely hot on the back and sometimes the front screen. So hot i cant even hold it for a long period of time. Of course if i shut it off completely its fine. but after i use it for 10 to 15 minutes it starts getting hot! I called apple and told them and what they said is to go to the apple store and mostly likely they will replace or fix it. I told him that the problem with that is i cant wait for them to fix it because im leaving for europe this weekend. Also the operator guy said hey might replace the iphone with another one,but to be quite honest i dont want apple to give me a refurbished iphone that someone sent in because it was broken!...then i got it. i would want a new iphone! brand new. i am 17 but i paid for my the phone...ALL OF IT! and yes i know that there they still sell those iphone 3G 8 g model. But because i have a last version iPhone 3G 16 g model. I told want to be downgraded in storage. And yes i do still have the warranty on it. no applecare plan way to much money. so i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this or real good advice?

thanks....
  2. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Take it in to an Apple Store and get it replaces with a refurbished one. Refurbished phones are completely fixed and are sometimes better than brand new phones because the problems in the unit have been addressed already!
  3. IpodtouchMM

IpodtouchMM New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    ya but i have many friends who have gotten one..and had to send it back because it had a deffect..like scratches, cracks, and hardware complications
  4. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If your phone gets hot, that fast, you need to get a replacement or you will regret it. Just do it, make sure when you get the phone, it's works and is functional and it has no cracks or scratches.
  5. IpodtouchMM

IpodtouchMM New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    i guess so, but there is still a chance they might give me a new phone?
  6. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It will most likely be refurbished. The only time I heard about getting a new iPhone is in certain places that don't have an Apple Store and you have to go into the carrier branch and they will have to give you a new phone as they don't carry refurbished ones.