Extremely frustrated, Summerboard issue.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Dbajj, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So yesterday I decided to restore my perfectly working 1.1.1 iPod touch to 1.1.4 just to catch up with the times.

I followed the perfect 1.1.4 jailbreak guide or whatever it is called on top of this forum and everything has worked perfectly but Summerboard is totally screwed right now.

I attempt to install Summerboard and it gets maybe 3 quarters done the installation and then flashes me Main Script Execution failed, I have tried all the fixes for this error I could find on the forum and none of them are preventing the error.

When Summerboard does this SMBPrefs is installed, but there is no Summerboard folder in the /var/mobile/library directory of my iPod and the same for the root directory. No themes are displayed at all when I click themes on SMBprefs. Whenever I try to install an additional theme I get the same script error and the theme does not install. Also Summerboard is not actually on my uninstall list and is still available for download no matter how many times I try to install it.

If anybody could shed some insight on this problem it would be much appreciated, I just spent the last 2 hours trying to fix this with no luck and am really regretting ruining my 1.1.1 iPod.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Manually delete it and then install properly!
  3. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have, about 5 times, and no matter what I do I can't prevent the Main script execution error, even by preforming the commands in terminal and reinstalling installer.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    chmod 4755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
  5. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope, same outcome.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You do have SUID Lib Fix and BSD Installed and all that right? Have you changed permissions for Springboard?
  7. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes I have the SUID Lib fix and BSD installed already. I changed springboards permissions to 755, is this correct or should it be something else.
  8. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Off topic: but I used Ziphone 2.6 and everything works great...you should find a copy of that
  9. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I most likely am going to go ahead and use Ziphone instead but I am just trying to find a fix that doesn't involve me restoring. If all else fails I will just repeat the process.
  10. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The fix is not going to work, it cannot connect to the springboard properly so it won't install, restore and then follow my guide again...this time it should work

NEVER USE ZIPHONE IT IS MESSED UP