extra moniter

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nagle3092, May 13, 2009.

1. nagle3092

nagle3092 New Member

hi i was just wondering if anyone has heard of a way to use the ipod touch/iphone as an extra moniter for their computer? obviously it wouldn't be very good for many tasks but i was thinking of placing system monitors on it or a chat client or something small like that. I think this would be an ideal solution for mobile users to have multiple screens without buying extra addons like the MIMO monitor and it would also be great for people like myself that are stuck in one spot but don't have the room to expand my workstation seeing as I'm in Iraq for about 5 more months. But any thoughts or reply's would be grateful thanks
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i don't think it is possible. but isn't the screen a little too small for a monitor?
  3. nagle3092

nagle3092 New Member

well yeah its too small for alot of things but like i was sayin it would be great for system monitors and maybe a chat client while watching a movie or browsing the net. but i think it would be possible considering that the MIMO moniter works through usb apparently pretty good but we would just need someone to write the program for it
  4. dualBang

dualBang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why not just use an app?
  5. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can use a variety of VNC (virtual network connection) apps to see your computer monitor on your iPod. There are many apps, lots of which are free, that can be used instead of a computer application. For example, there are numerous chat apps, facebook, myspace, mail, twitter, etc.