iOS 4.0 Extra Icons On My Home Screen?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by NightRocker, Aug 25, 2010.

1. NightRocker

NightRocker Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Ok guys.. Ive unlocked full features on my 3G/2G MC iPod Touch such as multitasking, background, voice control and all of the other things. It all runs smoothly on my iPod but everytime I install a new app, Winterboard suddenly appears when I told it not to. And also regarding to Winterboard, the following apps with no icons appear: AdSheet, DemoApp, iPodOut, TrustMe and WebSheet. they all disappear if I respring or reboot or they just go away on their own. Before you guys tell me to use Activator and SBSettings, I have to tell you that I do not use them because they use up my RAM and slow down my iDevice so plz I need a solution without these apps cuz the main reason I jailbroken my device was to get regular full features of iOS4. Heres a pic of my 3rd page homescreen with the extra icons. (The only icons that are supposed to stay are: PocketGuitar and the Games folder.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

I had to restore my phone because of these stupid icons. I got them somehow after turning on Nike+. After that, they never liked to get off my screen. I tried using Poof to make them disappear, and that never did anything. The only answer I have is to restore.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Respiring and they go away.
  4. JackT09

JackT09 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you respring they will go away, I think its something to do with libhide not working properly.
  5. NightRocker

Device:
    Nexus 4
    aw yeah i knew i have to respring but it would be awesome if they never showed up again!

6. Sgt T00t3n

Sgt T00t3n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    mine does this too, but i get a few more icons that come up, even though im using poof. i have to turn it off and on again or respring to get rid of them. would be nice if they didnt show up though >_>
  7. rykah

rykah Member

Only happened to me once, and a respring cleared it. If they bother you that much, folder them and put them in an empty spot on your Springboard. :/
  8. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    They are added features of the OS which activate not through an icon, but through other means. For example: the iPodOut app will activate automatically if you connect your iPod's bluetooth to a compatible speaker system (currently only found in BMW cars). Demoapp is what plays when an iPod is undisturbed at an apple store (the screen saver that you'll only see in the Apple store)
  9. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Indeed, i think Iconsupport goes wild when a new icon is added and causes libhide to silently crash, making those weird icons appear.

Ah i didn't know that, thanks for sharing that.. Although now this makes me want to use DemoApp...
  10. NightRocker

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hey this is soo cool so that means i can get that cool screensaver from the apple store? lololol

one question: what would happen if i open any of these apps? i tried it once but it just showed a blank screen so i closed it.