External Speakers

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by desert storm282, Nov 7, 2008.

1. desert storm282

desert storm282 New Member

ok well im pretty sure this is possible because ive seen someone do it with big speakers, but here goes. i am going to buy a dock connector to put a mic in. i thought i might buy another one and see if i could fit a small phone speaker in it. it would be small and pretty useful. using these pinouts:

http://pinouts.ru/Devices/ipod_pinout.shtml

i think i need legs 4/3 and 2. i might be wrong and you need other legs or a circut board or something so could someone please shed some light on what i would have to do to have sound output from the dock (not the headphone jack, thats obvious)

thanks a bunch!

EDIT: i hope this is the right forum, sorry if it isnt
  2. magicdanw

magicdanw New Member

How's it going, desert storm? I'm considering doing something similar for my first gen ipod touch. My idea is to construct the microphone as described here, and then somehow add a speaker as well, for VOIP and such. I'm not sure how to enclose it, but I'm thinking perhaps using the small dock enclosure for a mic sticking out of the bottom, and a flat speaker extending up the back of the ipod. Sadly, I haven't soldered much, so this could be a difficult thing for me to do, but I want to try it anyway. I'm dorming at college with an EE major, so maybe he can help me out.

What do you think of my idea? How's your project coming along?