~~External iPod Controls~~ Change the song on your iPod with your volume buttons!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchmaster05, Sep 23, 2010.

1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hello, my new application is in its testing phase and will be released soon. It is called External iPod Controls. It is really simple to use, but is extremely useful. What this does is convert your external volume buttons on your iPod or iPhone to ipod controls. When you press the up volume button it will change to the next song, when you hit the down button it will go to the previous song, pretty simple.

When there is no music playing your volume buttons will work as they normally would. Now the other addition to this is when you are playing music and you need to change the volume using those buttons its no problem! If you hold down the button for longer than a certain amount of time (which you can change in the settings!) then the volume will start to change as you would expect.

This will be in the Cydia Store for $1.49 and will work for any iDevice with external volume buttons and on Firmwares 3.x and 4.x. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, thanks.

IMG_0065.PNG
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    But what happens if you're like me and have screwed up volume buttons

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    whats screwed up about them?
  4. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just saying: There are other things in Cydia that are free..
  5. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just saying they don't have the same functionality/features that this does...
  6. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    what if you wanna change the volume...
    quickly...
    if you hav onea those sonogs that are heaps loud and you go oh CRAP
  7. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Doesn't Activator do this?
  8. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    activator does this but its with the combinations of vol up and vol down or both at the same time, I use vol down then up to skip ahead and then vol up then vol down for back. I just think of it as whatever the last one of the 2 you push, thats the way you are going, its free and doesn't really mess with anything, the volume still changes with the respective buttons but since its one of each it only changes for a second.

I think there may be a few people that would want this but I am fine with activator. plus i have the 3 button 3.5mm jack adapter if i want to control play and pausing.
  9. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thats why you can set the delay time to as low as 0.1 seconds if you want, so when you hold the volume button down it will react almost instantly.
  10. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so,.. if i hold the voume bottuns down for a shorter ammount of time it will not change the song