External Hard Drive Application

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by becmax, Jun 11, 2008.

1. becmax

becmax New Member

Hi,
    I am unsure whether this is possible, but I'm looking for an app that enable me to connect an external hard drive to my iPod, using the standard cable (usb) that would enable me to open various things that are on the drive; films, photos or whatever it maybe.

Does anyone have any idea about how much work/effort/time/money this might take?

Is anyone, more importantly, willing to do this, or be sponsored to do this?

Thanks.
    Max
  2. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

If its just media based stuff, try OrbLive for the iPod.
    You can attach your External to your computer, keep your computer running and confiure the orb running on your computer to give access to your external hard drive.
    Then on your iPod, run OrbLive and login to the account of your computer and then click on Video, Music, whatever and then it should show up.
    (For me though, when I try and access it the first time, Orb took a little time to refresh that the external hardrive was there, so if its not there the first time, wait a little bit then try again.)
  3. becmax

becmax New Member

Yeah, but that is incredibly restrictive, meaning that you have to have your PC on when ever you need to access your external hard drive.

I am seeking a solution whereby the external hard drive is attached to the iPod, NOT through the computer.

If any one does want to be sponsored to do this, message me.
    Thanks
  4. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Lol, an application. Try a hardware modification.
  5. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea this would have to do with hardware not software, so it is probably not gonna happen
  6. afazel

afazel New Member

Would it not be possible to make an app that could interface with it, similar to the game pad being made for the iPhone?
  7. becmax

becmax New Member

Why?

What hardware is it you would have to modify?