External dock for Cambridge Soundworks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TDaMoose, Jul 1, 2008.

1. TDaMoose

TDaMoose New Member

I had ordered the 745i from Cambridge Soundworks that has an external iPod dock. However, they were out of stock so they sent me a 765i (a better system at the 745i price) since they were out of stock. That was great except the 765i has an internal dock on the top of the unit and I cannot fit it with my iPod Touch into the book shelf where it has to reside.

As a solution, I am looking fro an external dock that 1) can plug into the iPOd port on my765i and which can hold my iPod Touch. Is there such an "animal"? Or a male-male cable that will connect the iPod to the 765i?

Thanks for any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, comments, etc. I am an electrical engineer so I could build something if I had the right components.

Tom Casselman
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Tom,

You mention "iPod port", but what are you referring to? Is it a USB port?

P.S. Welcome to the forums.
  3. TDaMoose

TDaMoose New Member

Re: iPod Touch extension dock

Hellrider,
    No it is not a USB dock. Rather, on the top of the 765i is a standard iPod male port where you can plug the iPod directly into the 765i. As I said in my note, if I use this direct port, my system won't fit in the are I intended it to. So I was looking for a female iPod plug-to-a male iPod plug.

In searching the web , I couldn't find such a unit so I guess I will have to try something else.

Tom Casselman