External Battery Pack

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Cito, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Cito

Cito Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    After reading reviews around the net and on amazon I finally decided to order what many sites are saying is the largest external battery pack for mobile devices.

the New Trent IMP 1000
    http://www.newtrent.com/Best-IPhone-IPad-Battery-Pack-p/imp1000.htm

This thing on paper at least sounds like a BEAST. But I ordered it today and once I get it I'll have to give a review. They offer a 30 day money back guarantee and 6 month product replacement warranty.

I have an iPod Touch 3rd generation 32 gig MC model device, so when the battery arrives I will update to let everyone know how well it works, any problems or whatnot.

I personally thought it was a great deal though getting a 11,000 mAH battery pack for under $100

You can visit that link to see pics of it, it looks pretty small and compact.
  2. asymmetric

asymmetric Banned

I've always wanted to get an extra battery pack. But then i've always reconsidered how much easier it is to just recharge it once in a while.
  3. Cito

Cito Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I recieved the battery pack today! yay

Please Register or Log in to view images

it came with a full charge on it which is cool.

it also came with several adapters that plug into cell phone, blackberry, psp, etc. Heck it even charges a crappy free govt Safelink cellphone I have that I get free minutes on.

anyhow will post more after I test it some but I play a lot of games on my ipod and 3d gaming the ipod touch 3rd gen only lasts 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours for me before I get the 20% battery popup. 30 hours of music with a basic charge is fine though. But I was looking at something to beef up my game playing time.

So far I've been gaming off and on all day for roughly 6 hours while it's plugged into the imp1000, and so far the imp1000 pack still showing full charge on the led's and my ipod is at 100% so far after 6 hours of gaming (dungeon hunter, modern combat 2, couple little mmorpg's and online games)

will need more time for better test but so far this thing is doing good

Please Register or Log in to view images

fits in palm of your hand and comes with a longer retractable cord so it doesnt get in way of gaming.

so far so good.
  4. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So this thing recharges your iPod when you can't find anywhere to plug it in?!
  5. Cito

Cito Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea, it can recharge your ipod like 5 or 6 times, or leave it plugged in to just run your ipod straight if ya want.

the imp1000 is the largest model they got 11,000 mAH

so far I've left my ipod just plugged in to it while gaming today about 7 hours of gaming and the battery pack still shows full charge and ipod still at 100%

there have been some reviews on their smaller battery packs which are all good, there's a youtube vid from a guy that reviews the imp 880 which is the next step down 8000 mah he used it on plane, vacation etc, never had to charge his iphone or the battery pack, when he got home the battery pack still had 2 bars of charge left.

but you can just plug in to charge, it can charge an iphone 4 according to their website 6 times from 0 to full, before you have to recharge the battery pack.

and from their website based on iphone 4

constant running with it plugged into the battery pack

4G iPhone Without imp1000 With imp1000
    Movie with speaker 7 hours 50 hours
    Internet time 7 hours 50 hours

Mine just came in today so I'll update after few days of running ipod strictly off the battery pack and see how long we can go
  6. Cito

Cito Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Going on day 3 of having this battery and its really awesome.

I've done some long gaming sessions, general usage and internet use, music, etc for past 3 days since I've had the battery and have only used the battery to top off the charge on the ipod or when gaming I plug into battery and use it that way.

The battery pack has 3 tiny led's that show what the battery level is at lo, med, hi, and it's still showing hi pretty much full power still the last 3 days and havent had to use any ac power so far in 3 days.

just thought i'd update in case any were interested, it will probably last me a week or so without having to use any AC, was good idea to get the 11,000 mAH battery pack.

works out great for me as I am disabled and have been in search of something like this for a while, every couple months I have to go to hospital for tests and such, (coronary artery disease, and herniated disc in my lower back) so many times I'd be waiting in hospital bed gaming on ipod and 3d games only last like 1 hour 45 mins to 2 hours on the ipod 3g anyhow, now I have almost unlimited game time to keep me busy while waiting without worrying about plugging into AC or whatnot.