Extended Warrenty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by w5blt, Aug 4, 2009.

1. w5blt

w5blt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, I'm within 2 weeks of getting my iPod Touch. Best Buy has it for about $275 so I will probably get it there.

So, my next question is the extended warrenty. Is it worth $70 for 2 years? Would you get it? If not, why?

Finally, this warranty is though Best Buy. If you would get an extended warranty, is there a better place to get it?

Before you say it, I understand that the manufacture will probably come out with some kind of upgrade or something in September. However, this is a birthday gift for my wife. And because I prefer sleeping in a bed vs a dog house, I'm sort of forced to get the Touch this month.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Bob
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Best Buy warranties have been notorious for the plethora of loopholes that they manage to find in order to refuse a replacement/repair. If you're going to purchase a warranty, go with an AppleCare protection plan.

EDIT: I apologize, I forgot to include the link: http://www.apple.com/support/products/applecareipod.html
  3. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, and try ebay. $20 only!
    Its a very trusted seller, check feedback.
    name: app.holdings
  4. rwatkins53

rwatkins53 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have purchased numerous electronic items from best buy and have always gotten the warranties, and have never had a problem getting best buy to honor them, when needed.