Exposure. Watch out. it Burns.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crizh4x, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Everyone, Nick and I feel like it was time you guys witnessed what we witnessed tonight. An act of disrespect and an act of mistrust on my part personally. Most of you are aware that DevCon has been around for several months now, but as of tonight we have disassembled. I want to show you guys David (ipodtouchmaster05) for who he really is when things don't go his way, but before I do that, I wish to provide a little background info on what has been going on lately. I have personally been working on a small application that kinda turns your system into 1.2, but I have had issues with it (thus my posts in the toolchain section) and that has really been my personal project for the past week. The only thing I have asked David to do is add it to the beta repository, because I didn't have time to add it to my repository. anyway, I had been working all day on this app and have had only one real issue aside from getting it working, but since I hadn't finished fast enough, David decided to take matters into his own hands, even after I had asked him not to earlier. What he did, to me, is so incredibly rude and unjust. He decided to contact gojohnnyboi and take the GUI sample code I had given him 2 days ago and make their own version, without asking the team and not even asking me. The AIM conversation I am about to show you is not misquoted nor fictional. I just think you guys should know.

Code:
    Chris Stroud
    11:31
    que pasa?

Dave
    11:53
    yea
    ?
    almost done
    just doing final tests on repo

Chris Stroud
    11:54
    kinda
    I don't really understand this
    it works when it wants to
    idk why

Dave
    hmm
    well  
    here is another option
    I want you to test this in a few min. and tell me what u think

Chris Stroud
    what does it do?

Dave
    11:55
    the same application, it works but its more tuned. you will see,  
    Ill have you test when its ready

Chris Stroud
    what? who made it?

Dave
    me and johnnyboi
    11:55You have disconnected
    11:56You have connected

Chris Stroud
    11:58
    now, what part of we can work on this together don't you understand? johnnyboi isn't even on our team, yet you invite him to edit My, not even the teams, code. I gave explicit directions for us all to do it as a group if at all, and yet you refuse? what the hell David? seriously
    12:01Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dave
    12:01
    dude
    u said urs isnt working
    so I don't see the problem of him helping us with our GUI

Chris Stroud
    12:03
    ok, I don't know what part you have contributed in building the GUI or the scripts, all you have done is the repo. he isn't on our team and that IS my app I built it with my own 10 fingers for the past week. so make a decision, and think it through. carefully

Dave
    dude lol
    u act like u own me

Chris Stroud
    no not lol
    I act like I own my app
    which I do

Dave
    12:04
    technically no
    it was never published

Chris Stroud
    really?
    ok

Dave
    So I disagree

Chris Stroud
    and?

Dave
    Its not yours
    The idea cant be patented

Chris Stroud
    ok, let's test that theory

Dave
    u never completed a working app
    so its not urs

Chris Stroud
    oh ok define a working app
    and define publish

Dave
    12:05
    publish means to distribute it to people and post it
    working meaning that it doesnt f***ing crahs and it does what its meant to do

Chris Stroud
    ok, what does that have to do with ownership?

Dave
    wow....
    if u dont get that then nvm

Chris Stroud
    12:06
    actually, I don't get that. the things u stated are all having to do with stability and public discretion. not ownership

Dave
    12:07
    yes, know one knows u made it, so no one owns it
    ot johnny, not you

Chris Stroud
    12:07
    ok, then how about this....
    as of 12:07AM EST I formally resign from my position and un-affiliate myself from the DevCon team?

Dave
    12:08
    I just dont see the problem with a non-team member helping us. he is getting credit for helping with the GUI but thats it. if it was something secret, then no I would nt have asked him
    hahahaha
    ok cya

Chris Stroud
    12:08
    bye

We are not asking for pity, just acknowledgement for what these two guys are. Optionally, I am calling for a boycott of their Software and/or tutorials. If anyone here is looking for a coder for their team, I am now available. But if you want me, you get Nick too. Plus, I am making the source code for my application made public so that you guys can see what I have been working on, since it was going to be geared towards DevCon, and I am no longer in DevCon.... why not? anyway... sound out your thoughts, if you have them. Thanks!

The link to my app is below (It's malware free mods, please allow the link)

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/7f2ab4cce7_6.23MB
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Like Chris has said above both ipodtouchmaster and gojohnnyboi are jerks. In fact here is something you probably did no know about johnnyboi. Around the time of Gojohnnyboi's 1.1.4 soft-upgrader he devised a plan, a plan to destroy two ipods. He made a second copy of his "Updater" but only made one copy, for me. This second copy was not really an updater, yet a "private" version of his updater that when executed, would brick my iPod. This was distributed through a private message sent to me asking me to test a new version of his soft upgrade. You see how far people will go to have their way? The DevCon Team's 1.1.4 soft-upgrader was released around the same time, and it was to much competition for Johnnyboi.

Like Chris I will include an IM chat with ipodtouchmaster, that is totally 100% unedited-

me-WTF!!!!

iptm-no more team

me-WHY?!

iptm-ask chris

me-ALL HE SAID IS WAT U SAID THEN HE SIGNED OFF!

iptm-ohk

me-why?

iptm-he was a winny b*tch

iptm-whinny*

me-ughhh not u 2 fighting again...

iptm-no not a fight, the team is over with.

me-why?

me-just cuz u leave doesnt mean the teams over

iptm-I am joining a better team, where not every1 b*tchs

iptm-Ok well

iptm-let me restate

me-I am out

me-uhhh... anything i can do to make u stay?NOT! haha

iptm-im already on another team

me-ughhh.. well let me say i wont miss u

me-lol

me-b*tch

iptm-unless u can get chris to talk to me

me-well this rules out... nvm

me-hes not on

me-maybr tomorrow

me*MAYBE

Me-You f***ing c*ck sucker!

Iptm-?

me-gojohnnyboi

iptm-hes cool man

iptm-much better than you

me-ya a cool man that tried to brick me and chris's ipods!

iptm-haha

me-ya haha

me-ur a f***ing idiot
  3. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Omg!
    Whaaaaaaa

DIDN'T I SAID IPTM was a jerk and he thinks he's the best??? huh huh???
    he sucks, and he will always suck!
    he's just taking stuff from others and wants money being donated because "he owes so much" to his brother..yeah right, he wants all for him
  4. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What do you mean by "whaaaa"?
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There is a God!
  6. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If I may correct you - there are two gods lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    guys, how do you ever expect any one to take you seriously when you squabble like little kids. very talented kids, but kids none the less.

some people may boycott anything they do in your favour. others will use whatever comes out by whoever made it if they think its good for them. Of those people., some may have some sympathy for you (like feeling that zibri stole the dev teams JB) but others wont give a sh*t. (excuse the langauge, but thats how it is. thats the trouble with all this JB stuff, people are doing it for the community, but wanna get the kudos for being first. thats fine, but it means people rush to release stuff that just aint ready. and if you dont release it theres always the possibility of being scooped. it sucks, but i guess thats how it is.
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I kinda get what you are saying, but I am NOT going to let two people take advantage of me like that. not now. not ever.
  9. hyperforcegoku

hyperforcegoku New Member

No offense but when you guys kicked me off i was happy David dosent know jack horse sh*t. Nothing squat. There people chris and aaron are the two main people of the team.
  10. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i guess that unless you do everything on your own and release it indivdiually, you always run the risk of this happening (ala the dev tem and zibri).

but if this stuff is something that needs the input of a number of people thenyou run this risk. i guess thats why i kind of feel that people who werent "kids" (no disrespect, as i said earlier, very intelligent kids) tend to have a bit more stable, shall we say, attitude towards things. heck, youll all be back together tomorrow claiming how youre the best team ever and your gonna do such great things in your reincarnated form.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.