"Explorer.exe has crashed" every time i plug my ipod in.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rinn, Oct 9, 2008.

1. rinn

rinn Banned

title says it all. and whoever says "its vista bla bla bla" yes i have vista but it also happens on my brothers computer which has windows xp...but his ipod doesnt crash anything. it started happening at a random time a while ago, i thot 2.0 would fix it, it didnt, then i got ipod second generation would fix it, it didnt, and its bothering me. and no, its not internet explorer, its explorer.exe, i dont have internet explorer
  2. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Explorer.exe is your system file for your desktop. Virus Scan?
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    He said that he tried it on two different computers with a different OS.

If you have a jailbroken iPod and downloaded something, you might have downloaded something that does something weird to Windows and causes it to do that.

This may be a long shot, but put your iPod in DFU mode and restore it. That may do the trick.
  4. rinn

rinn Banned

i tried everything, restored my ipod all that. but wuts weird is that its only MY ipod. my brother got 1, my sister got 1, and BOTH ipod that i had does this. i sold my first gen and it did this, and i bought a second gen hoping it would fix it...it didnt. i must have some bad luck
  5. Overdoze

Overdoze New Member

It might be Vundo, its a virus, i had it once by it closed explorer.exe as soon as i booted up. Try a scan, and try re-installing iTunes. That might do the trick
  6. rinn

rinn Banned

wait. i think i fixed it. i put it so itunes pops up when i plug in my ipod, and explorer.exe didnt crash...but now i gotta close itunes every time i plug my ipod in....
  7. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This issue is usual. You fixed it in the right way.
    I also got this prob and think that it's caused by a program which wants to launch if you plugged in your iPod Touch and crashes explorer but I dunno which one it's.