exploit TIFF backup/mirror?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by bunnyhero, Oct 14, 2007.

1. bunnyhero

bunnyhero New Member

is the niacin/dre exploit TIFF mirrorred anywhere, in case jailbreak.toc2rta.com goes offline for any reason (legal, hacked, who knows)? if anyone wants to mirror it, it's easy enough to get the TIFF using wget (for example) using the right user-agent string. i downloaded a local copy for myself just in case... i could send that to anyone who wanted to set up a mirror.
  2. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

I sent you a pm.
  3. HeXetic

HeXetic New Member

Has anybody setup a mirror yet, i'm having trouble accesing the toc2rta.com site? If anyone could help me out that would be great.
  4. exire

exire New Member

Yeah, me too. Going to the website through safari doesn't do anything. After half a minute safari exit and nothing more happens/is displayed.

*Confused*
  5. bmvee

bmvee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thats because you're ready to continue. go into settings and check your iPod disk size... should read 300mb... then follow the yellow brick road!
  6. exire

exire New Member

Edit: Found it on my touch, and yes sixe is only 300 MB so that means I can proceed with the automatic jailbreak bat thing then

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit2: Pressing enter on the automatic thing gives this error on XP Pro SP2 Norwegian:
    The program generated an exception that couldnt be threatet.

patchFstab.exe
    Process ID=0x790 (1936), thread-ID=0x864 (2148)

press OK to terminate or Abort to diagnose (translated from norwegian

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Anyone able to fix that one?
  7. bunnyhero

bunnyhero New Member

just a heads up, i have sent the tiff (and the accompanying html) to those who requested it.

also, here's how to get it yourself using wget:

Code:
    wget --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A100a Safari/419.3" http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/ -O index.html
    that gets you the HTML file. look inside the html file to get the name of the TIFF file (at the moment, it's called "e.tif"... a couple of days ago it was called "expval.tif", though, so maybe it changes sometimes?).

then do the following to get the TIFF (example shown is for e.tif):

Code:
    wget --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU lke Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A100a Safari/419.3" http//jailbreak.toc2rta.com/e.tif
    the e.tif i grabbed is 752 bytes long and has an md5 checksum of 7eecd87771cf0996eb7737552c27d4d2. crc32 checksum is FAD42D81.

you can get wget for windows here: http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/

forgot to mention: i HAVEN'T ACTUALLY TESTED THIS YET MYSELF. but it should be the same as what you get when browsing your ipod touch to jailbreak.toc2rta.com. i will likely try it later today.

UPDATE: i used my own local copy of the tiff to successfully jailbreak my ipod touch. wheeee!
  8. XKCorp

XKCorp New Member

The actual working link to the TIFF file is :
    Code:
    wget --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU lke Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A100a Safari/419.3" http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/e.tif
  9. bunnyhero

bunnyhero New Member