Exploding iPhones!!!???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cl8rs, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Reports are coming in from France, the Netherlands, and the UK of iPhones and iPod Touches—just a few so far, mind you—blowing up in people's faces, and the European Commission has launched an investigation into the matter. So, is your iPhone a ticking time bomb? Before you freak out, read on.

So, what's going on?
    There have been a handful of reported incidents of iPhones and iPod Touches exploding, causing minor injuries in some cases (mainly due to flying glass shards from the iPhone display).

You're kidding! How many iPhones have blown up so far?
    Like I said, only a few cases have been reported, mostly in Europe. The latest "exploding iPhone" case comes from France, with the AFP reporting that a 26-year-old supermarket watchman from Villevieille suffered an eye injury after his iPhone screen exploded and shattered. Among the other recent reports: a French teenager was "slightly" injured by flying glass shards from an exploding iPhone, an iPod Touch in the UK "overheated and jumped into the air" after being dropped, and an iPhone in the Netherlands caught fire and melted the passenger seat of a car.

Read More

Brought to you by Yahoo! Tech

I found this in Yahoo! while I was checking my email and thought you guys should see this.
  2. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
  3. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Its a special app mad by apple called grenade, u push the button count to 3 and throw the phone, some people don't throw
  4. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    lmao

Please Register or Log in to view images

the fact that this is even possible freaks me out. but so far it's only been in the UK. Though there were s small few reports of the 2G iPod Touch having the same problem.
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    meh...its not gonna happen to you...thats like getting caught for illegal music downloads...which i seem to be the only person i know who doesnt do that...
  6. roboticos

roboticos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hah this is the real iphone grenade
  7. shrader

shrader New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sorry guys, but realy old news...
    in the meanwhile the commission decided that iphones are harmless. SO there is no effect for apple.

---
    meh...its not gonna happen to you...thats like getting caught for illegal music downloads...which i seem to be the only person i know who doesnt do that...
    ---

now i know why they only explode in europe. Here, espescely in Germany chances are very high that you get caught for illegal music downloads (happends to 2 of my best friends, they are living just down the street.)