Experiences with apple store (broken home button)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agh2415, Oct 7, 2009.

1. agh2415

agh2415 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well my home button is broken on my 1g ipod touch. Fortunately I have plenty of warranty left (bought it refurbished) so I'm going to the apple store tomorrow. Is this a problem they try to fix or do they just give you a new one? I'd much rather prefer a 2g and would be willing to pay the difference to upgrade from my 16 gb to a 32 gb. Any chance?

edit: it's jailbroken so is there anything special I need to do? obviously I'm going to restore it to factory 2.2.1 firmware, but is there anything else I need to know?
  2. Jadrien Bohnenkamp

Jadrien Bohnenkamp New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    im pretty sure when u go in they will just give u a new first gen ipod touch. and idk about paying the difference for a 2g all u can do is ask. nope all u need to do is restore it back to factory settings thats all
  3. asg31

asg31 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP
  4. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had the same problem. i took mine to the apple store and got it replaced for free. they still gave me a 1st gen, so don't get your hopes up.

restore your ipod to remove the jailbreak.
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

pretty sure if they have no 1st Gens left the will give you the same capacity of w/e model they do have, doubt they would let you upgrade to a higher capacity though, no harm done by asking though

Please Register or Log in to view images