Expand the iPhone section

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by mattym, Jul 1, 2009.

1. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A lot of people like myself that started using this site when the iPod Touch first came out have graduated to an iPhone(or two). I was thinking that the iPhone section of the forum could use a little upgrade or revamp.

Firstly its gotten a little confusing.
    I dont think enough people read whats in the Unlocking/Activating section because it doesnt seem like what they want. However that is where a large portion of the tech help goes down. I was thinking that the iPhone Unlocking/Activation should be changed to something more fitting(seeing as activation has become less of an issue) like iPhone Unlocking/Tech Help.

Also the iPhone general section can use some sub sections. Like maybe a place for people to review iPhone specific apps, and maybe move the cases section into a sub forum inside iPhone general, instead of separate as it now is.

I just feel that the structure and wording on the iPhone section is a bit old, and needs to change for these new times. We have a lot of members that now own iPhone and a lot of new members every day that come in search for iPhone help.
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Great ideas, that section definitely needs some love. I would like to hear any other ideas that people have for improving that section as well.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    1. iPhone tech help/troubleshooting? (as mentioned by the OP) There's a section for the iPod, so I'm not it's necessary, but it could be of help to people trying to find resolved questions.

2. iPhone carrier discussions - talk about different carriers, complain, discuss different plans/contracts, compare cell-phone coverage/reception/internet speeds

3. Hell, MacRumors has a iPhone Launch Meet-ups section, where people can talk about where/when they are lining up for their new iPhone. I don't know about that one, but it's something to think about.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I like your suggestions a lot. However, I'm not so sure about #3

Please Register or Log in to view images

. There's only 1 time during the year that your able to post there. It would just be sitting there for the whole year.

Anyways, I would like it if the iPhone section's would be higher up on the page. Possibly re-ordering the sections? The iPhone section is very low on the page.
  5. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea, there are a lot of things that can be similar to iphone and ipod, but i think a tech help troubleshot section for iPhone specific problems would help people get the answers they need faster. Instead of having the questions split among the 2 iphone sections and among the ipod ones as well.

And the meetup is always a good thing, tho i think that would work better as a page wide thing for all events WWDC/Launches/Conventions.

@vintagecondom, i was thinking about what you said earlier, but in reality its a iPod Touch site, and i think the iPhone section is already as high on the page as it needs to be.
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    An iPhone 3GS thread with a subforum for the Jailbreaks/unlocks and future consideration of subforums for the new functionality (e.g. 3GS specific games and apps).
  7. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Implemented some of these suggestions. Thanks guys!