exiting recovery mode without restoring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by akchang, Mar 25, 2010.

1. akchang

akchang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so here is what has happened to me: my hardrive crashed on my powerbook. i installed a new HD and bought ipod access so that i could reload my itunes library from my itouch to my computer.

after i had loaded my songs back to my laptop itunes asked me if i wanted to update the software on my itouch. so i clicked yes. (this may have been a mistake)

while it was updating i accidentally knocked my computer shut. (dont know if this is significant) when i opened it again in the top area of itunes it showed that the update wasnt completely done. (the bar was only most of the way accross) at this point i looked at my itouch and it showed the usb/itunes screen. so i unplugged it and plugged it back in. itunes then displayed the message: "itunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode. you must restore the ipod before it can be used with itunes."

i definitely dont want to restore the itouch because all my notes and calendar info and apps are in limbo and not on my computer because of the HD crash. (lots of important stuff!!!)

so here are my questions: did updating wipe my itouch since it was not synced with my new itunes library? (i never hit a button that said it would delete my ipods contents or restore the ipod) is it possible everything is still there and it is just stuck in recovery mode?

if anyone has any suggestions about backing out of recovery mode i would be open to them. i have already tried a few methods of holding down the power/home buttons but so far no luck.

*edit* also this is not a jailbroken ipod.
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There was a thread that showed programs to get you out of it, but I lost track of it.
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    then why'd you post?

use google or ipodtouchfans search function.
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. akchang

akchang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive been googling and searching for over 5 hours. i dont post on a forum unless i have to.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    thanks. ill check it and let you know.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    that link is for if i cant restore it. i DONT want to restore. im pretty sure i could restore it if i tried but that would erase everything off my itouch that i am trying to save! im still not ruling out that by updating it may have cleaned me out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

can anyone confirm this?