Exit Recovery Mode from springboard?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by NastyNinjA03, Mar 6, 2009.

1. NastyNinjA03

NastyNinjA03 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok well i searched this on IPTF already and didnt find an answer.

This is my problem:
    i have an itouch 2g (jailbroken) and i dowloaded Make it Mine from cydia. so i could change "iPod" to whatever i wanted. after i change "iPod" to my name my springboard restarted and i was in Recovery mode (not dfu mode) so i was like its definetly Make it Mine.app that did this, so i restored the banner/carrier back to normal,then i hit restart/ exit recovery mode, but it kept taking me to RECOVERY MODE AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN! no matter what i did. i restored the settings, put the ipod into dfu mode and rebooted it, uninstalled everything i downloaded from cydia! but i couldnt get back into the original springboard.

therefore i had to restore my whole itouch 2g to original firmware, 2.2.1.ipsw.

So is there any fix to that? (for future cases)?

which Jailbreak is better?
    Semi-tethered? or Tethered Jailbreak w/ Run RS?
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    in categories app from cydia restart sprinboard on the bottom left corner will fix it.
  3. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah man that will will work, but u he could also download sbsettings and do it that way... oh and btw skyline, i got my thing done with redtool... just now! yay..
  4. NastyNinjA03

NastyNinjA03 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No I tried that. I did the respring from sbsettings, winterboard, categories, and the regular reboot when my itouch was jailbroken and I had the problem.