existing Touch's future?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hi guys

I purchased my Touch a year ago and straight away did the 1.1.4 jail brake, but hardly used it (other than for music) in all this time as i found it pretty boring. However, having recently updated my firmware to 2.1 i'm so much enjoying using my Touch. I'm happy to stay 'official' so to speak, but these days there's so much to do with it.

Which is why i wonder what Apple will give us for the future. Any ideas or speculation? You reckon there'll be any sizable firmware jumps? what about any new or exciting features? or software apps or options for us to download and buy? i wonder what's feasibly possible with the hardware restrictions?

This question is considering the fact we can still use our older Touches and not have to worry about going jail breaking. The jail break aspect of the future is a different kettle of fish.
  2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I think this device is revolutionary.
    Some people may disagree - But this technology is a step above anything else on the market at the moment - and it has potential to be anything the public demands.

Heck... Apple could put a projector on the 3rd Generation models and even make the back come off for customizability. The possibilties are endless - But Apple aren't a company like that... More sophisticated and prefer to do what they want before public demand. e.g No Copy and Paste, No MMS messaging, No video conferencing - They can do it... They just haven't.
  3. SLLhotD

SLLhotD Member

agreed in all angles
  4. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Touch screen is here to stay in my opinion
    Only improvements I see happening is maybe a bigger touch screen?
    And definatly a better damn battery... When using wifi the touch is garbage.
    But not much room for improvments for a new device to come out anytime soon..although I have said this back when I had an iPod video.. Now look where the iPod has gone
  5. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    it is definatly another generation of device, like portable tap-player, cd-player, mini-disc player, mp3 player and now these
  6. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    but what about for our existing Touch units? how far can new firmwares go? what more is there?
  7. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    100% right. I concur.
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Oh, also, since the jailbreak created by the dev-team is a hardware exploit, all future first generation iPod firmwares will be jailbreakable.