iPhone 3GS Excuse to get Iphone 3GS replaced

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carri07, Oct 10, 2009.

1. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi, i had my iphone 3GS which i bought from ebay and i unlocked it for t mobile and everthing worked fine except for the battery. I took it to the apple store and i restored it to 3.0 so i it showed them i didnt jailbreak. but, they restored it to 3.1 because they said the software would sovle the battery problem. Now i am stuck with an ipod touch with a camera basically. I still think there is somehting wrong with the battery but they will not understand. I want to get it replaced but i have two questions.

1) Is it advisable for me to get it replaced? i dont know which software it will come with 3.0 3.1 or what. So is there a chance that is till may not be able to unlock even if i get a new one?

2) what would be a good excuse that would make them replace it without thinking about it. I am talking about like: iphone shuts down randomly, or somethign like that that would make them think that they cant do anything about it and replace without testing anything?

Thanks
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Any 3GS you get from Apple will have 3.1 on it.

I'm guessing there will be an unlock in the future but for now you are out of luck; sorry!
  3. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hmm ok.. so i guess the best thing is to try and get the one i have replaced, since i think it has a battery problem and i would still be in 3.1 but with a new iphone 3GS.

So what isan excuse that would work for replacing it since the battery issuewill not make them replace it?