EXCLUSIVE: Gingerbread Leaked info

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by qaiz, Oct 18, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well, I suppose it was going to happen one day huh? Yes, information regarding Gingerbread has just been leaked online. Some of this information that has been leaked is pretty exciting. As we would all expect, it is smoother, faster and potentially with built-in video chat and Google Voice Wi-Fi calling. Exciting indeed!

http://www.ifans.com/forums/imgcache3/460b8b77a60fe25c7835377e29adcf9d.png?orig_url=http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/10/500x_thesh*ttiestleakpictureintheworld.jpg​

The information was leaked via Phandroid,and they tout it to have many new features, but this of course comes with the usual leaked images courtesy of Mr.BlurryCam, this images is kinda worse then the other images usually leaked tho....

I imagine that most of the aesthetic and UI improvements from Android 2.2, will be taken into 3.0 and made better.

Here is a list of the things to expect in Gingerbread.

• Most of the icons are redesigned and cleaner.
    • The notifications bar is more grey, with a look not unlike TouchWiz's taskbar.
    • The whole interface looks more unified with green becoming the most prominent color. The included Google apps will feel more integrated with the OS as well.
    • Lists now bounce when you hit the bottom or top, like iOS or Windows Phone, but with an orange glow at the boundary too.
    • They're working on implementing video chat using the same protocols as Google Talk, though it might not make it into Gingerbread. (This would be great, because it'd be a legit competitor to FaceTime, especially since it'd cross the desktop boundary.)
    • They're also working on VoIP calls to Google Voice over cellular data and Wi-Fi

These features all sound amazing, and will definitely make Apple and Microsoft sweat through the next year Maybe we will also get a glimpse of Google Music in gingerbread as well?. Only time will tell, but what we do know is that Android is going to have a great time this 2011.

Discuss

phandroid
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I heard that Android 3.0 will stop the phone companies from skinning android (which I prefer)
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    If thats true, that would be AWESOME! :0

I seriously prefer Vanilla Android as it looks robust and its much faster then Sense Ui, TouchWiz and Motoblur (tho I do adore Touchwiz for some odd reason)

Time will tell, but thanks for sharing that

4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    TouchWiz is faster than the default Launcher from my experience. I got a port of it working on my Nexus One and Motorola Droid, courtesy of XDA-developers.

Now I hope they fix the browser... SVG support was missing, Javascript bugs galore, Adobe Flash and plugin integration was a joke, and CSS was more or less barely enough to display a table listing how many more bugs they need to fix.

Per-process plugin support for on-demand per content would be great. On-demand right now is weird since activating it would activate it for all contents indiscriminately, and I'd just like to use it for Flash videos.
  5. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Wow you demand a LOT don't you :0

I don't have problems even with 2.1 eclair, never mind Froyo lolz

OT: Do you know if its possible to get stock android onto a Galaxy S without having to resort to Launcher pro? Is it even possible?
  6. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yeah, since web designing is part of my job, I do demand a lot from the browser. That doesn't mean iOS doesn't have its share of problems, but Apple is just very responsive when it comes to that.

Meanwhile, I'm plucking my hair out for an Android solution...

As for stock, I noticed I could uninstall the twLauncher app...
  7. metaldood

metaldood New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  8. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Run, run as fast as you can, You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbarrrggghhh!!
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    After the Froyo yard decoration thingy was delivered, Froyo was unveiled 8 days after.

Then leaked 2 days after the unveiling.

10. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I heard that as well and I would love that but I really think its a blow to HTC Sense. Sense is beautiful !