Exclamation on songs, cant play/find them?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RompaRoom, Dec 30, 2007.

1. RompaRoom

RompaRoom New Member

Dec 27, 2007
    So i have an external hard drive and load most of my music from there, well i just powered up itunes while it wasnt plugged in and now while trying to play songs Im getting the so and so song could not be used cause the original file could not be found. Is there anyway I can make itunes recognize them again normally now that my externals plugged in? rather than having to manually locate each and every song again on the hard drive

Please Register or Log in to view images

Is the library done (meaning ill have to reload every album to play the songs again)? The songs are still on my ipod
  2. BigMak

BigMak New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Delete your library, and choose only to delete them from the library, not from the computer.

Then take the whole iTunes folder that you have on your external HDD, and drag it into iTunes. That's how it works for me, as I also have an external HDD.

3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Seriously - that's gonna cause him a ton of extra work.

All you have to do is quit iTunes, turn on your hard drive, and then start iTunes back again. It should find them all again. Happens to me when I knock the power out of my external hard drive on a regular basis.