Exchanges?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soong, Sep 29, 2010.

1. soong

soong New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ummm, I have a question.
    I live in Japan, where people are 'supposably' nice.
    However, in the Apple store, they always say "go to the place you bought for an exchange".
    In this case, for my iPod Touch 1G, I bought it at the Bic Camera (just like a best buy but with ALL technology gadgets). I went to the local Apple store, and they said it was not their fault. When I went to Bic Camerca, they said I should bring it to Apple. When I went back to Apple store for the third time, they said call the manufacture.
    What if the same thing happens to me again?
    Should I argue in the store that I have the right to receive a perfect device for the amount of money I pay?
    I'm just curious since the chance of me having defects are high.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I am just curious. I don't know if this poll was out before, but I might find this useful.
    Anyways, how many ipods have defects?
    e.g. replaced 3 times, two defects. select two.
    e.g. replaced 5 times, 5 defects. select five.
  2. Amps

Amps Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you bought your device at Big Camera, then Big Camera has to solve the issue for you. You have nothing to do with the manufacturer nor the Apple Store (if the Apple Store does take your iPod then you're all good).

When you buy a product at Big Camera, you basically are 'signing' an agreement. You pay the money, and Big Camera delivers a (non-faulty) product. If it appears that the product is defective in one or other way, Big Camera is the only store that is responsible for that, and has to solve it for/with you.

If you're still not satisfied, and you can still return the product within the policies, I'd recommend you doing that.
  3. Wintertears

Wintertears Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    you have an iPod Touch 1G, are you still within the one year warranty? Maybe that's why the apple store is telling you to go to your seller. And what defect do you have?