Exchange iPod Touches?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Microsoft™, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Whenever Apple releases a new iPod Touch with better stuff, it kinda makes the old models feel bad ):

Anyways, over the years, my old iPod Touch has gotten a lot of dust under the screen. I know that for this sole reason, it can be exchanged for another. I was wondering, when the iPod Touch 3G comes out and I decide to exchange my iPod because of the manufacturing defect, would I get an iPod 3G or iPod 1G?

A source from cnet says Apple used the "Back to College" promotion to empty their inventory of old models. And the 1G was about 2 years ago. Should be gone.

Would I get 1G or 3G? Its alright if I get a 1G, I could sell the exchanged awesome condition 1G on ebay.

P.S. Here is a source saying that Factories in China are already making iPod Touches with Cameras and Mics:

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/07/apple-preparing-ipod-touch-with-camera-microphone-source/
  2. pmartin35

pmartin35 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You would probably get a 1G refurbished. Something with equal or lesser value.
  3. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  4. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

Nice stuff, but I don't think you'll get a 3G.
  5. pmartin35

pmartin35 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why? You would get a fixed iPod with a new screen, battery and back... It will look just like new.
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it will look brand new and you can still sell it.....not sure how much you'll got though..
  7. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    True...true...If I can sell it for a high enough price, and if the 16GB 3G prices goes down....then I may have enough for a complete upgrade

Please Register or Log in to view images

AND I could get a summer job and jailbreak my friend's iPods and profit....
    Money is such an issue

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. pmartin35

pmartin35 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why make profit over jailbreaking? It takes 5 minutes.
  9. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are many people who are not computer savvy but would still like themes etc. and many of my friends try but are un successful and come to me.

And no you would not get a 3g or even a 2g, or else dont you think everyone would start damaging their ipods so they could get a newer version? nah apples not that generous. you'll receive a refurbished 1g thats in very good condition.
    Once the 3g comes out, my plans are to wait a few months to see if a jailbreak comes out or not because apple will try their a** off to prevent it happening. If a jb does work, then ill sell my 16gb 1g and buy a 16 or 32gb 3g.

just my opinion

gl
  10. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    @carfreak i think that the jailbreak will happen even if it takes a while. i am gonna get a 3rd gen and make sure theres nothing wrong with it, just use it and sync it a lot. the only reason that im this worried is because my first touch got replaced under warranty. when i got it, it had some slight dents and scratches on it, maybe suggesting that it had been dropped at some point before i owned it. that will be the first thing i check for on my new ipod, and i will return it before i even leave the store and get a new one.