Exchange help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jyu28, Oct 4, 2008.

1. jyu28

jyu28 New Member

I bought my 1st gen iPod touch brand new on eBay in August and it has a lot of problems. It has very poor battery life (I have to charge 3+ times a day), WiFi doesn't connect to my router sometimes, and it freezes constantly. Luckily, it is still under warranty until 2009 and I was wondering if Apple will exchange it for a different one if I go to one of their stores. I'm kind of worried that they'll ask for a proof of purchase. I don't have a proof of purchase since I bought it on eBay. Any help would be appreciated!
  2. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you dont really need a recipt just a serial number, and since its been passed the return for the exchange date, they will just give u a refurb 1gen

but u could always argue and try to weasle something out of the employees

[bribe them...]

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jyu28

jyu28 New Member

All I really want is a perfectly working iPod Touch. I don't care if it's refurbished, it'll probably work better than the one I currently have.
  4. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

Should still be under warranty- they just go off the ipod touch's serial. Get it returned and replaced asap. It's frustrating when something doesn't work the way it should. Also, you should flame the Ebayer for not telling you about all the problems it has if he/she hasn't.
  5. jyu28

jyu28 New Member

The thing is, the iPod was brand new and sealed. The seller didn't do anything wrong.