Everything just went bad .. :(

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JohnH, Dec 30, 2007.

1. JohnH

JohnH New Member

Everything has been working fine on my iPod, Until just now when i tried to install the TTR guitar hero mod, and now my installer is broken, it downloads the files but as soon as it reaches the "Installing Package" stage it returns to springboard and the package is not installed

Please help, anything other than restoring and rejailbreaking would be a godsend

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

3. Dboy64

Dboy64 New Member

I had a problem just like this about a couple weeks ago. Sadly to say you may have to rejailbreak it. I procrastinated and try to find an alternate solution but I could find one. It sounds like it goes like this:
    Downloads package---> Installs package---> then crashes and goes to springboard. But the good news is the recent ways to jailbreak are really easy. It's pretty much downgrade---> Then visit a website!
    No kidding! Just write down all your apps and stuff you have now. Downgrading is actually really easy.
    Download the firmware (probably 1.1.1)---> Force your iPod into restore or whatever it's called---> Hold down shift or control (depending if mac or pc)---> Select your file and wait for it to be done!
    Don't sweat rejailbreaking too much because it's not too bad. It sounds like you know what you're doing. But I'm afraid rejailbreaking is going to be the solution it comes down to for some reason.
  4. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

Dboy, im sorry to have to break it to you, but if read my guide, you will see that restoring your ipod was unnecessary. CHeck out my guide because chances are that sooner or later it will happen agian. Click the link i left in my previous reply, or the link i have in my Signature
  5. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You won't need to rejailbreak, you have run out of space In the apps partition. Just install bosstool from installer and use it to move your apps folder for more space. (You can also move ringtones and wallpapers)

Edit: nevermind, just follow the nice guide
  6. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

Please Read My Guide, Leave Me Replies, I Want It To Be Stickied!!!
  7. JohnH

JohnH New Member

I don't understand how i have ran out of space as before now i have had up to four pages of apps whereas now i have 2, But i'll give it a try anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: Doesnt work sadly, Anything else anybody could suggest before I restore?
  8. ric14221

ric14221 New Member

awesome I just followed your guide and it worked perfectly