iOS 4.0 Everything is significantly slower.... 2nd Gen ITouch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rudh, Jul 2, 2010.

1. rudh

rudh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does anyone else notice this. Every action, moving from page to page, browsing, typing etc.. has a lag to it after the 4.0 update.... anyone else notice this?
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Well my iPod has been through hell and back, mine doesnt lag much [ its funny, my broken iPod decided to let iTunes install iOS4, decided that the touch screen would fully work and everything... nothing lagged.. then my iPod went back into hibernation ]...

But 2nd Gen Devices are going to be slow. this, tbh angers me, everybody complained about how 2nd Gens werent getting wallpaper and multitasking... now everyone is complaining about the lag...

Well, you hold the answer.
  3. NoogleNoggler

NoogleNoggler Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
  4. clayton2

clayton2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When I initially installed iOS 4 on my 2nd gen iPod touch 8GB it was fast as ever. Then I decided to jailbreak it and got multitasking and home screen wallpapers and deleted all the gradients behind the wallpapers. That slowed it down to nothing less than the speed of when it was at 3.1.3 firmware.

Maybe it's just the app itself, but I downloaded iBooks a little bit ago, and I have 3 PDFs that are all 200+ pages on it, and iBooks is S.L.O.W. But I think that's just iBooks deal.

Contrary to what everyone says, I am very satisfied with iOS4. No battery loss problems either, even with multitasking enabled, because I ONLY multitask Slacker radio and safari at the most. I keep good tabs on my multitasking toolbar.
  5. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm on a 2nd gen iPod and everything on mine is much, much faster. No lag at all.
  6. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have a 3G and have no lag.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Carnage

Carnage Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Since upgrading my brothers ipodt2 its been alot more faster and snappier than it was on 3.1.3. I cant say the same thing for my iphone 3g. My iphone has been so much slower and freezes alot. When I was on 3.1.3 it was fast. It was even jailbroken. Now Im on a unjailbroken 4.0 iphone 3g and its sluggish. It might be all the folders I have but I dont know
  8. simons94

simons94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i guess its the same as it was when i had it jailbroken with multitasking and wallpaper on 3.1.3 :S
  9. DanCCorich

DanCCorich New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    same here i hate 4.0 its sucks sh*t
  10. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have the iPod touch 3G and it's seems great but I'll see what happens if I jailbreak.