Everything but the iPod part works?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by eddygazilion, Mar 28, 2008.

1. eddygazilion

eddygazilion New Member

Okay, so I jailbroke my itouch 1.1.4 earlier this week, and it worked fine for a few days, but then yesterday, it wouldn't do any of the usual ipod functions - youtube didn't work, neither did videos or music. I restored it and rejailbroke it today, only to have the same thing happen a few hours later. It seems that the last thing it does before not being able to do the ipod functions anymore is it freezes with that little line circle thing on it that you get when you install something and then quit installer, it freezes with that and I have to hold down the home and sleep button to get it to reboot, but after that, it doesn't do video, youtube, or music anymore.

Any ideas on what's going on here? I know I can just restore it, but is there a way to prevent this from happening again when I restore and jailbreak?
  2. hiflyer2

hiflyer2 New Member

Are you using iliberty+ or ziphone 2.6b to jailbreak. Are you restoring to 1.1.4 and setup the ipod as new. What programs are you installing that may be causing the problem. Sorry for all the questions.
  3. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did it to me earlier this week, it fixed itself
  4. eddygazilion

eddygazilion New Member

I'm using ziphone 2.6b to jailbreak it, and when I restore it, I do the full restore, or whatever the restore button in iTunes gets me.

As for applications, I install everything up to the iPhone 114 apps here according to the directions, I don't do customize because I can't figure out how to get that working. (Don't ask about it, that's for another thread if I ever decide I need it). After doing all that, I install Apache, Stumbler, iPhysics, Taskbar Notifier, and mxtube. I had installed Make It Mine to redo the carrier icon, and then I uninstalled it, as with the Banner application just to see what it did.

I'll let it be to hopefully fix itself for a while, but I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on fixing it myself while I wait.
  5. hiflyer2

hiflyer2 New Member

It sounds as if one of your programs is causing the problems. Try removing them one at a time and see it it clears up your problems.
  6. afarnesi

afarnesi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same thing happened to me and heres how i fixed it
    go in to the settings and click
    the buttin that says reset all settings
  7. eddygazilion

eddygazilion New Member

Ah, that worked, thank you!
  8. adshultz

adshultz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem the other day with iLiberty+. I figured it was one of the programs I installed, either customize 1.1.4 or mxtube.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Nope, just every once in awhile they need to be reset after a jailbreak. Never an issues on my ipods but did happen on my iPhone